One of our local government council clients currently have an excellent 7 month contract opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join them in Brisbane.
As the successful candidate, you will be employed as an Assessment Engineer, you will primarily undertake the assessment of planning applications (MCU's, Reconfigurations) and Operational Works (OPW) applications to achieve outcomes in accordance with Council's goals and the community's expectations. You will also provide expert professional advice to internal and external stakeholders, prepare reports and written advice, coordinate and negotiate infrastructure works, contributions and agreements, monitor permit conditions and operational works and determine the acceptance or otherwise of contributed assets in accordance with the requirements of SPA and Council's adopted instruments and policies.
To be successful you must have;
- A Civil Engineering Degree or other relevant tertiary qualification with extensive experience in Civil Engineering works associated with the Development Industry.
- Possession of current Class “C” Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of and experience in all aspects of engineering design and construction relevant to the delivery of development assessment services. This includes earthworks, roadworks, water supply, sewerage reticulation , storm water hydraulics/drainage, sediment and erosion control.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Queensland development assessment legislative framework, including the relevant provisions of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009, Queensland Urban Drainage Manual, relevant Australian Standards and civil engineering best practice to deliver high quality sustainable development outcomes.
- Well developed project management and time management skills, with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively under pressure, work effectively within teams, project manage jobs and referrals, manage competing priorities, achieve deadlines and bring tasks to completion both independently and as a member of a team.
If this fantastic role is of interest, please apply directly via the Apply Now function below. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted but feel free to call Louisa Jackson to discuss the role further if needed on 07 3305 5814