Vaxxas is a fast growing and scale-up stage biotech company developing a novel vaccine delivery system that safely and cost effectively amplifies vaccine efficacy. It is an advanced platform that vaccinates by applying a patch to the skin for a few seconds directly depositing vaccine amongst dense population of key immune cells.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer for Process Engineering the Automation Engineer will be part of the team responsible for the development and scale up of the device manufacture, assembly, vaccine coating and packaging lines for high volume manufacturing.
The team has developed and patented novel processes for the manufacture and quality control of its product and the applicant would contribute to this ongoing development and scale up of the technology.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Automation Engineer will:
- Work individually and collaboratively on the design of manufacturing equipment for scale up to volume manufacture.
- Development of novel and innovative approaches in the use of technology - electronics, mechanical and software for new manufacturing systems.
- The job will include utilising engineering disciplines such as software, electronics, mechanics, optics and process engineering.
- These disciplines would be applied in order to develop proof-of-concept machinery and larger scale integrated manufacturing lines.
To be successful in this role you will have experience as an Automation Engineer role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Applicants should possess a relevant undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Experience in the design and development of manufacturing machinery in such disciplines as motion control, vision systems, image processing and data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience interfacing off-the-shelf machine components in hardware and software and writing higher level software to coordinate control.
- Experience developing test and control applications using LabVIEW.
- Familiarity with industrial switchgear, PLCs, safety interlocks and industrial communications protocols.
- Systems Engineering experience - combining components together into a working package – bespoke as well as COTS based solutions.
- Mechatronics based background – Electronics (possible Analog/Digital Signal Processing experience), Software and Mechanical system design and analysis.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, task orientated with a solution focused and hands on approach.
- Creative/Out-of the-box thinker who can contextualise decisions into the broader scope of company direction.
- A high level of drive, enthusiasm and a "can do" approach, comfortable being outside of technical comfort zone – a willingness to learn new things.
- Exceptional communication skills to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external partners with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas.
- Manage priorities and tight timeframes - Self-motivation in achieving goals and a positive mindset towards this.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.