They specialise in manufacturing and installing products in major projects across the construction sector.
The implementation of a new ERP System has seen the need for a Business Systems Engineer to support further, the implementation of this platform into the company’s operations as well as its integration with other systems.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Business Systems Engineer will:
- You will be the subject matter expert (SME) to facilitate the further implementation and support of ERP and related business solutions to enhance business functionality and overall performance related to whole of business operations – “Quote to Cash”.
- You will work closely with business users to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance the ERP and related business solutions functionality.
- You will also play a key role in supporting the business on a day to day basis with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing and growing business to deliver the right service, to the right customers, at the right time and place.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of data in the system to allow accurate and reliable data to be used by varying functions within the business.
- You will be proactive in identifying and implementing system enhancements that will assist in adding value through reduced wastage, improved labour/resource utilisation, machine and asset productivity.
- You will be responsible for the provision of business reporting support across various functions and ensuring that this reporting is detailed, accurate and timely.
- The evaluation of other business systems/software that will enhance business performance.
- Bring an approach that adopts and fosters a Continuous Improvement and Lean methodology to process, systems and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in Business Systems within a design and manufacturing environment. You will also have experience across the following:
- Degree Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Proven experience and delivery of ERP platforms – interest would be knowledge of “Global Shop Solutions” or other similar ERP platforms
- Experience of Enterprise Database’s such as – MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ORACLE etc or experience of bespoke programming in systems in a graphical language form.
- Experience in building database queries in SQL for enterprise databases such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, or ORACLE.
- Experience in ERP solutions within the Manufacturing industry as SME for Manufacturing and Quality and the transition/transfer of data into and out of such platforms.
- Experience with a business reporting system such as Power BI or Tableau and developing business applications with user interfaces using Visual Basic or C#.
- Additionally, experience with Crystal Reports or similar BI Applications to create custom reports would be of interest.
- Whole of business support experience that may have come from roles in the Manufacturing, FMCG, Technical or Product sectors and ability to communicate results from data analysis to the business and operations staff.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement activities, Lean methodology and tools such as VSM, 5S, RCA and Kaizen.
- Analysis and exploring of data to identify issues, prepare reports that highlight potential improvement, or demonstrate performance against targets.
- Experience of other systems may include – CAD Systems, semi-automated and automated manufacturing systems and business interface systems.
- Strong personable skills that include the ability to develop internal stakeholder relationships as well as external relationships with supplier partners
- Strong analytical skills, using data to gain insights and problem solve and experience in solving data integrity issues.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and business expectations and take direction to focus on delivery, time frames and outcomes
- Collaborative partnership style, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, including partnering, influencing, verbal and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to move from project to project in a fast-paced environment
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.