- Join a leading health and wellbeing provider assisting communities in Northern Queensland
- Operational management of the headspace centre in Mackay and additional satellites
- Lead a passionate team of clinical staff and administrative officers
Northern Australia Primary Health Ltd (NAPHL) is s leading provider of mental health and allied health services in Northern Queensland with offices located in Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Charters Towers, Thursday Island and Ingham. They are passionate about helping people in Northern Queensland by providing a large range of health and welling programs and services to local communities.
Reporting to the Director, Mental Health, the position of Centre Manager- headspace will lead, develop, implement, oversee and manage the clinical and administrative operations and future growth and development of the headspace centre based in Mackay in addition to assisting with the establishment of two new satellites.
Based in Mackay this role will require regular travel to the other satellites and will manage all aspects of the business administration of the service, maintain a financially viable practice and an efficient, effective, safe and productive working environment.
Key responsibilities will be to communicate, promote and progress the vision and strategic plan of headspace amongst consortium partners and the broader community. Manage the funding agreement deliverables, review the headspace budget and oversee completion and submission of reporting requirements. You will oversee the Community Development Team which delivers community awareness and support activities and oversee the recruitment and establishment of human resources functions and manage employee performance and development. Working closely with the Clinical Lead, you will ensure a safe and effective clinical service provision within the centre and ensure compliance with service agreements and associated budgets.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Relevant sector qualifications in an appropriate mental health field with current registration or membership with an approved professional body.
- You will be experienced and have a strong knowledge of the National Standards for Mental Health Services.
- Significant leadership and management skills to provide direction, support and coaching, with overall clinical supervision to service delivery team.
- High level written and verbal communication skills and strong stakeholder engagement experience.
- Advanced clinical mental health skills and knowledge particularly working with young people and their families.
- An ability to anticipate and manage risk and identify and resolve complex and conceptual issues, making effective judgements under pressure.
- Experience developing and implementing policy, strategy, standards, clinical governance and state and national platforms to provide critical analysis and advice.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a two-page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. For confidential enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus or Leanne Nunan on 07 3305 5800 prior to application.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy