This will entail qualification, production test and application. Maintain characterisation protocols and complete routine and as-required material and device characterisation and analyses.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Characterisation Engineer will:
- Design and implementation of experimental apparatus and appropriate software control for the characterisation of semiconductor materials and devices
- Maintenance of database of experimental results and analysis
- Perform design of experiment and associated statistical analysis to provide meaningful insight on important material and device properties
- Diagnose root cause of device failures and performance/reliability issues
- Maintain procedures for the operation and calibration of characterisation equipment
- Measurement, interpretation, presentation and formal documenting on electrical/optical characterization report of product at all levels
- Characterization system (equipment/hardware/software) management: failure diagnostics, instrument calibration, fixture/interface development, maintenance and continuous improvement
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent. Recent graduates with exceptional Honours performance would also be considered for this role
- Proficiency in LabVIEW. Profiency in MATLAB or equivalent programming language for data analysis and visualisation (e.g. Python, C/C++) is strongly desirable
- Practical experience in the design of characterisation experiments
- Practical experience in the characterision of thin films and/or heterostructures
- Practical experience with experimental techniques, data collection and data interpretation
- Strong background in theoretical physics, specifically solid state physics, quantum mechanics and mathematical methods
- Statistical data analysis skills (JMP and/or MATLAB is preferred).
- Optoelectrical test JIG/hardware design and development.
- Optoelectrical test instruments application/calibration/diagnostics (source meter, spectrometer, scope, integrator, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently as a strong, hands-on individual contributor.
- Analytical skills and systematic/logic thinking.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.