This role will support both semiconductor and final product level detail characterisation.
This will entail qualification, production test and application. Maintain characterisation protocols and complete routine and as-required material and device characterisation and analyses.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Characterisation Engineer will:
- Design and implementation of experimental apparatus and appropriate software control for the characterisation of semiconductor materials and devices
- Maintenance of database of experimental results and analysis
- Perform design of experiment and associated statistical analysis to provide meaningful insight on important material and device properties
- Diagnose root cause of device failures and performance/reliability issues
- Maintain procedures for the operation and calibration of characterisation equipment
- Measurement, interpretation, presentation and formal documenting on electrical/optical characterization report of product at all levels
- Characterization system (equipment/hardware/software) management: failure diagnostics, instrument calibration, fixture/interface development, maintenance and continuous improvement
To be successful in this role you will have experience as a Characterisation Engineer within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent. Recent graduates with exceptional Honours performance would also be considered for this role
- Proficiency in LabVIEW. Profiency in MATLAB or equivalent programming language for data analysis and visualisation (e.g. Python, C/C++) is strongly desirable
- Practical experience in the design of characterisation experiments
- Practical experience in the characterision of thin films and/or heterostructures
- Practical experience with experimental techniques, data collection and data interpretation
- Strong background in theoretical physics, specifically solid state physics, quantum mechanics and mathematical methods
- Statistical data analysis skills (JMP and/or MATLAB is preferred).
- Optoelectrical test JIG/hardware design and development.
- Optoelectrical test instruments application/calibration/diagnostics (source meter, spectrometer, scope, integrator, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently as a strong, hands-on individual contributor.
- Analytical skills and systematic/logic thinking.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.