OnTalent is delighted to partner with a company that specialises in energy storage solutions.
They are currently seeking a Chief Commercial Officer who can deliver at both an operational and strategic level.
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will be responsible for developing and executing the companies Commercial and Go to Market strategy.
Target industries include the Telecommunications, Commercial and Industrial, and High-End Residential markets. Focused geographies are Australasia, Africa, and the Asia Pacific regions with the Middle East also a potential high opportunity region.
The sales strategy is to sell through to end customers through an installer and integrator channel eco-system. Given the early maturity and ‘challenger’ status of the business, it is expected that sales and business development teams will need to engage significantly with the end customers to help educate them around the characteristics and benefits of the company’s products and solutions.
The CCO will build and lead the Customer-facing functions of the business including Sales (Account Managers), Business Development, Partner Management, Marketing, and management of the installer and integrator Training and Certification programme.
The CCO will add overall leadership value by delivering a strategically managed, profitable, and growing Sales Organisation crafted through superior customer relationships underpinned by sales-excellence best practices.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for:
- Executive presence and continuity for customer relationships at both the regional and local ANZ level.
- Defining the sales and business development strategy, the CCO will need to recruit key resources across target regions and build a high calibre sales team and implement a strong sales strategy and roadmap as well as process and reporting structures.
- The CCO will be expected to develop a high industry profile and engage regularly with the Company Board.
- As a member of the executive team, the CCO will also be expected to take an active Leadership role in the development of the strategy and management of the overall business.
- Deliver transformational sales change that delivers year-on-year business growth to meet or exceed the business plan.
- Design and implement a rigorous sales process without stifling creativity and innovation.
- Develop and enable a high-performing team through coaching and ongoing team development, Manage key end customers and Partners.
- Executive relationships (CXO level where relevant).
- Manage the Account teams to ensure successful execution of key sales targets/milestones by defining the core Customer value proposition and attractiveness of product solutions by engaging and educating partners, end customers and market.
- Leverage competitor knowledge to develop a winning technical and commercial sales pursuit strategy.
- Develop and implement a customer-led approach and sales culture to the business and the broader company.
- Lead the business in any key sales opportunity through the sales cycle and any relevant RFI/RFP response processes.
- Manage existing Channel Partners and identify, onboard, and manage additional Partners across the targeted industries and geographies.
- Uses knowledge of customer value drivers, competitors, and the company’s strengths/weaknesses to maximize sales and revenue opportunities.
- Filter and prioritize key customer engagement opportunities, including scoping, analysing, and managing customer trials and pilots.
- Deliver sales volume targets and the key milestones that are agreed upon.
- Own and manage the key Channel and end customers with personal responsibility for critical relationships.
To be successful in this role you will have experience as a Chief Commercial Officer role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Possible degree-based background, MBA
- Ability to develop and execute our commercial strategy.
- Build and lead a sales and business development team in a ‘Challenger’ and high-growth business.
- Experience and track record of sales leadership across our target sectors ideally power management/tower management.
- Renewable energy experience - ideally in the storage space.
- Experience in building and managing sales teams, Partners and Customers across the Asia Pacific.
- Channel/Partner management experience – develop a plan, manage in life, manage key relationships.
- Commercial Management – the ability to structure, negotiate and execute key commercial contracts.
- Business Development – identify and execute business development targets and major opportunities.
- Build and personally manage key stakeholder relationships.
- International experience and willingness to travel – we anticipate the majority of business is likely to come from outside Australia.
- Team and small business qualities – ability to work well culturally as part of management and have ‘start up’ Company mindset.
If you are seeking a genuine opportunity to make a difference, to drive Technical Procurement, and contribute to the next stages of opportunity for this company then please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.