National Trust of Australia (Queensland) is a successful, well-run, and highly effective organisation with a supportive and deeply connected board. A membership-based charity, NTAQ operates and oversees a portfolio of nationally important destinations, places and heritage items including the iconic Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. With a mission to ‘protect, conserve and celebrate our environment, build and cultural heritage’ its charitable purpose is ‘to promote and advance the conservation, protection and understanding of Australia’s natural and cultural heritage including the heritage of Australia’s first peoples, for public benefit and education’.
An opportunity now arises for an experienced Chief Executive Officer to drive the organisation through the next stage of its evolution. The CEO has oversight of:
- Vision and leadership
- Strategy, planning and business management
- Financial sustainability, risk, and revenue growth
- Stakeholder, external and government relationships
Supported by a highly effective Executive Leadership team, the CEO will ensure the organisation remains connected to purpose and provide long-term financial sustainability to better deliver and expand impact. The CEO leads the organisation’s response to changing market forces, expanding on a pivoted domestic market strategy, and preparing the organisation to capitalise on the return of international travellers.
To be successful you must be a CEO with experience leading a complex and diverse customer-centric organisation with experience and success that includes:
- Tourism, place making and destination attraction
- Passion for environment, heritage, and culture
- Member or customer centric environments
- Leadership of geographic and operationally diverse teams, including a volunteer workforce
- Creation of alternative revenue streams, seeking and securing new and adjacent opportunities for growth
- Complex stakeholder and relationship management including government, industry, and community
- Oversight of governance and operational leadership in a not for profit or similar environment
A consummate and engaging people leader you are a values-led leader who understands the importance of balancing purpose with commercial sustainability. NTAQ is offering a competitive salary package and relocation support for interstate candidates.
If you’re ready to lead with heart and passion please apply with your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter, outlining why you should be the next CEO of NTAQ. A Success Profile can be requested by emailing NTAQ@ontalent.com.au
Confidential enquiries can be made via email or by calling Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Courtney Chambers on 07 3305 5800.
Applications close 5:00pm, Thursday 24 June 2021.