TasWater is Tasmania’s water and sewerage provider, a state-wide utility delivering essential services across Tasmania 24/7/365. As a leading Tasmanian employer, they are excited about the future, are passionate about Tasmania’s communities and take pride in the work that they do.
TasWater is a values driven organisation and is seeking an experienced executive leader who can sign-up to working in a way that reflects their values, who builds respectful relationships and who delivers great results for their customer base.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, you will make a significant contribution to the overall strategic outcomes of TasWater, creating a high performing culture and improving the operational effectiveness of the business. You will be responsible for leading the commercial, financial, corporate planning and reporting functions and advise the CEO on all financial matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development of the Strategic Plan, Corporate Plan and quarterly reporting on performance
- Preparation of regulatory submissions, develop pricing regimes and manage the relationship with the Economic Regulator
- Develop positive relationships with key customers and external stakeholders
- Develop collaborative relationships with other TasWater divisions to assist them to deliver on their goals while meeting your own targets
- Be a key member of the Alliance Leadership Team oversighting the Capital Delivery Office and provide executive sponsorship of the Retail Value Creation Program
- Deliver timely, complete and accurate financial reporting to the Executive and Board
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, Australian Accounting Standards and taxation and legislative requirements
- Ensure the whole finance and commercial services division is delivery a customer centric service to other divisions
- Lead and manage a divisional team of 90 employees and four direct reports
To be successful you will have strong financial management skills including treasury, tax, financial reporting, governance and a proven ability to develop financial management strategies in a large, complex, regulated business environment. You can demonstrate successful strategic leadership skills and are committed to the cohesive functioning of the executive leadership team. Your leadership of teams is collaborative and constructive utilising your excellent communication and negotiation skills. High level prioritising, problem solving and decision-making skills are essential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate:
- Significant experience in the development of financial and management accounts
- Experience with financial audits and revenue management
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks (including pricing) and whole of business management and reporting processes
- Experience in a GOC, utility or a large, complex environment
- Strong analytical ability and the development of reporting systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or Finance with several years of senior management experience working with a Board
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) CPA Australia, Chartered Financial Analyst or equivalent
- C class drivers licence
Why join the TasWater Team?
TasWater recognises that it is their people who play a key role in helping them achieve their vision to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”.
In this role you can look forward to working in an exciting, stimulating workplace that provides a range of opportunities to make a real difference to the community. They encourage their people to take part in comprehensive training and career development, with a focus on innovative thinking. They understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be their one priority.
TasWater cares about diversity and inclusion. That’s why they are working harder to create a workplace that reflects the communities they service – a workplace where people feel empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. They are committed to providing a workplace that actively includes and values contributions from all communities, and they welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds and with all abilities.
This role is located in Hobart and if required, TasWater will provide assistance with relocation expenses.
To be considered for this executive leadership opportunity, please submit your resume and a two- page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile, contact Robyn Titmus, Client Partner on 07 3305 5817. Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday 30th January, 2020.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy