WearOptimoTM (www.wearoptimo.com) is a biotechnology ‘skunkworks’ with the mission of advancing wearable healthcare sensing toward clinical outcomes. Their minimally-invasive and pain-free Microwearable sensors are applied to the skin, accessing key signals/information in the body. WearOptimo’s high-performance, interdisciplinary team comes from around the world, with expertise in technology, science and commercial backgrounds. Values led, visionary and driven, the team are united in the passion and commitment to help tackle important healthcare challenges with practical solutions.
WearOptimo is now at a critical stage of growth and essential to continued evolution and success will be the appointment of an exceptional Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead all aspects of the financial strategy underpinning the realisation of our Mission and Vision.
Reporting to the founding Chief Executive Officer, the CFO is a key member of the leadership team ensuring that WearOptimo is structured and positioned to capitalise on and realise growth opportunities and can scale rapidly whilst not compromising delivery of excellence in all aspects of the business. Fundamentally, the CFO will drive the financial performance and executive the financial strategy.
Whilst the foundations are in place this new role will:
- Ensure all controls, processes, reports and systems are in place and able to scale in line with growth
- Be a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board and play a key role in realising funding opportunities (including grants) and best use of capital, supporting the needs of investors and shareholders
- Build a team to support this growth
- Play a key role in setting and executing strategy
- Provide insights, data, reporting and analysis to the CEO, Board and ELT to guide decision making
- Control expenditure, oversee budgeting and subsequent forecasting
- Ensure compliance
- Provide input and advice to a complex set of stakeholders and partners – building and maintain strong relationships
To be successful you will be an established CFO with experience supporting innovative organisations in hyper-growth. You will have an innate ability (and comfort) in shifting from strategic oversight to hands-on tactical activities as the business grows. You will be CA/CPA qualified and can demonstrate your values-led leadership style.
On offer is a competitive salary package, with provision for bonuses and employee share options.
This is a truly unique and special role – the organisation is inspiring and will have an enormous societal impact through their innovative solutions. If this excites you and you’re up for the challenge, please ‘Apply Now’ with your resume and a 1 page cover letter that outlines why this is the next exciting role for you. Enquiries can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Courtney Chambers on 07 3305 5800.