The Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC”) provides regulatory services that give peace of mind to the Queensland community and those working in the building and construction industry. QBCC is a Regulator that builds trust and confidence through high quality compliance, licensing, dispute resolution, insurance and advisory services.
About the role:
In this critical appointment for QBCC you will provide high quality legal advice and recommendations to the Commissioner, the QBCC Executive and the Queensland Building and Construction Board. Reporting to the Commissioner, and as a key member of the senior leadership team, you will be responsible for leading the Legal Division to ensure the effective and accurate provision of high quality advisory services to the QBCC.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Proactively contribute to the Senior Leadership Team and lead the Legal Division to achieve the QBCC strategy and vision;
- Ensure statutory and legal obligations are met and apply delegated authority with due consideration and diligence for positive corporate outcomes;
- Establish collaborative working relationships across QBCC, the Department of Housing and Public Works and with all relevant key external stakeholders;
- Ensure new legislation to be administered by the QBCC is understood and embedded from a legal perspective within the organisation;
- Assist and support the QBCC Board and Committees to ensure best practice in governance and that all legislative requirements are met, such as under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act, Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA); and
- Inspire a workplace culture consistent with QBCC behaviours and values;
You will be a strong people leader who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. Your strategic capability and experience as a senior leader of a significant legal function is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
Knowledge and experience in the provision of legal services in a regulatory and highly policy rich environment, including specific experience in dealing with government agencies will be highly regarded as is your ability to build collaborative relationships across government, private and industry sectors.
OnTalent is delighted to partner with QBCC to recruit this exciting opportunity. For confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile, contact Robyn Titmus, Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.
To apply, select “apply now” on the Seek advertisement and upload a cover letter and resume.
Applications close on Tuesday 3rd December, 2019 at 5.00 pm.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.