Do you love people and solving problems? Ever thought about recruitment as a career? Like the sound of creating amazing outcomes for companies and people?
I’ve never met a great professional recruiter who doesn’t have a story about how they ‘fell’ into the industry and fell in love with the pace, the variety, the people, the commercial learnings and the thrill of helping companies and people find their perfect match. I answered an ad that said ‘Can you sell a service?’ - 26 years ago and have never looked back. I was at a crossroads and knew I had a few tools in the kit:
- I loved working with people to solve problems
- I was tenacious, curious and loved learning about how different businesses worked
- I had a genuine interest in doing something that had impact and meaning
Since then I’ve gone on to lead large and small teams in some of the worlds biggest and most respected firms. 11 years ago I started OnTalent with an industry colleague whose passion for the profession matched my own. We now stand as a Brisbane based Talent firm working across Executive Search and Selection, Professional, Technical and Contracting. We offer Career Transition, Coaching, Leadership Development and Consulting via our Careers, Leadership and Consulting team which is a fabulous compliment to our recruitment work. We are a strong, high performing team who is values-led, passionate, dynamic and highly supportive of each other. We are ready to expand our team and welcome discussions with experienced recruitment professionals or people who are like I was 25 years ago, at a crossroads and can demonstrate:
- An ability to build and maintain close relationships
- Broad business/commercial skills and knowledge
- An ability to develop new connections
- Agility, tenacity and drive
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Confidence but no ego – our clients and candidates come first
- A desire to learn and confidence to try something new
- Expertise in a domain area – ie Finance, Human Resources, Senior Executive – where you could provide advice/knowledge around skills/fit/experience – we can teach you how to run a recruitment process, but you need a body of knowledge to be a trusted advisor
We offer you the opportunity to learn from market leaders – we work on some of the most prominent assignments in Queensland, a great work environment, generous incentives and base salary, support for you to stretch yourself and grow personally and professionally. Ours is a supportive model where you will work with a shared associate so you spend your time on the work where you deliver the most value for clients.
If this has sparked interest for you – as it did for me all those years ago – I encourage you to make contact with me (Tash Olsson-Seeto) directly or our Head of Search Courtney Chambers on 07 3305 5800 to explore whether you could be OnTalent (and the recruitment industry’s) next rising star. Alternatively, apply by sending your resume and a short cover letter that outlines your interest and match as per the attributes outlined. Perhaps this is your next big move? Let’s explore!