Our client is a well-established family owned business which has been importing and distributing high quality innovative products to businesses in Australia and New Zealand for over 40 years. As one of Australia’s longest running distribution companies, our client prides itself on its commitment to excellence in customer service and establishing strong relationships with a valued and loyal customer base.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing all accounts receivable and credit control functions for the organisation. This wonderful opportunity offers 30 hours per week (Mon-Friday school hours) and there is scope for this role to develop further for the right person.
As Credit Controller, this role is responsible for:
- Accounts Receivable management and reporting
- Managing debtor relationships and ensuring timely collection of outstanding debts
- Complex account reconciliations
- Preparing monthly statements
- Processing new accounts, managing credit holds and providing advice and recommendations on minimising bad debts
- Undertaking financial transactions associated with account payments, invoicing and solving account queries
- On occasions providing support to other members of the finance team
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in credit management and accounts receivable
- An ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and excellent negotiation skills
- A Strong customer service focus and commercial/sales understanding
- Proven experience in and knowledge of accounts management, reconciliations and planning and reporting of financial information
- Great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and effective written and verbal communication skills
- A true team player committed to supporting the Administration team and broader business
- Self-motivated, results driven and strong problem-solving skills
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel (intermediate to advanced) and MYOB
- A team player, with a “hands on” attitude and the ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge and management of legal debt recovery processes
- Experience in bookkeeping would be ideal
This position is located at head office in Brisbane’s eastern/bayside region and has onsite parking.
To be considered, please submit your resume and 1-2 page cover letter (Word format) and select the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.