TasWater is Tasmania’s water and sewerage provider, a state-wide utility delivering essential services across Tasmania 24/7/365. As a leading Tasmanian employer, they are excited about the future, are passionate about Tasmania’s communities and take pride in the work that they do.
TasWater is a values driven organisation and is seeking an experienced executive leader who can sign-up to working in a way that reflects their values, who builds respectful relationships and who delivers great results for their customer base.
Reporting to the General Manager Governance & Assurance, you will manage and lead the suite of support functions that provide all aspects of the Procure to Pay and Supply Chain required to support TasWater operations and ensure delivery is integrated, strategic, timely, effective and efficient, and that it meets both customer needs and corporate standards.
Key accountabilities include leadership and department management, Procure to Pay coordination and continuous improvement, stakeholder management and work, health and safety responsibility.
This is a permanent full-time position that can be located in Hobart, Launceston or Devonport.
This is a broad role and the responsibilities required are to:
- Manage the daily and strategic functions of the Procure to Pay teams, including Contracts, Procurement, Purchasing, Stores and Accounts Payable
- Manage and deliver on new sourcing processes by developing project plans, forming cross functional teams, planning resources, selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, leading teams and implementing new and improved processes
- Manage department finances, prepare and present operational and corporate reports to multiple audiences
- Manage and monitor the contract management process including prequalification, contract performance, and contract tenders to achieve required results
- Champion software applications that relate to the Procure to Pay and Supply Chain functions to enable effective use and uptake across TasWater
- Develop new systems and procedures to facilitate the implementation of strategic procurement initiatives
- Regular and ongoing negotiation with suppliers, vendors and contractors to implement the Procurement services’ strategic objectives
To be considered your application must clearly demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with procure to pay processes, commodities and supply chain management
- Significant high-level experience leading and managing a team, including leading through change and effective management of staff issues in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in consulting with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- High level computer skills including Microsoft suite and specialised software
- Excellent skills in financial and budget management
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying contract management principles
- Experience promoting, implementing and developing strategic initiatives
- Skills in project management
- C class drivers licence. Regular intrastate travel may be required
- Membership of a relevant professional association (such as CIPS or AAPCM) or the ability to attain this will be highly regarded
Why join the TasWater Team?
TasWater recognises that it is their people who play a key role in helping them achieve their vision to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”.
In this role you can look forward to working in an exciting, stimulating workplace that provides a range of opportunities to make a real difference to the community. They encourage their people to take part in comprehensive training and career development, with a focus on innovative thinking. They understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be their one priority.
TasWater cares about diversity and inclusion. That’s why they are working harder to create a workplace that reflects the communities they service – a workplace where people feel empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. They are committed to providing a workplace that actively includes and values contributions from all communities, and they welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds and with all abilities.
To be considered for this senior management opportunity, please submit your resume and a two- page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
For confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile, contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent on (07) 3305 5800.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 14th May, 2021.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.