LGIAsuper are implementing an inorganic growth strategy that will see it merge with Energy Super on 1 July and acquire Suncorp’s superannuation business in early 2022. This will bring together over $28b in funds and around 250,000 members. LGIAsuper have a clear strategy and a path to sustainability in the superannuation sector. The increased complexity and scale of the business has led to a requirement for an experienced finance leader to contribute strategically and operationally in the role of Deputy Chief Financial Officer.
Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer (with a wider strategy and investment operations portfolio), the CEO, Executive Leadership team, Directors, and Board committee members; the Deputy Chief Financial Officer will ensure that the finance, accounting, and taxation operations are integrated, fit for future purpose, and can continue to scale as growth opportunities are realised.
To be successful in this new and exciting role we are seeking candidates with demonstrated experience and attributes including:
- CA or CPA qualifications with further Post Graduate qualifications well regarded
- Minimum 5 years senior leadership experience in a complex, commercial organisation that has experienced significant change or disruption
- Exceptional communication, relationship building and people leadership capability
- Financial services sector experience not essential but preferred
- Change management experience – aligning roles and responsibilities to strategic outcomes and customer centric approaches
- Australian taxation knowledge
- Experience working with Board subcommittees
- Adaptable, flexible, and agile approach
The organisation has an unwavering commitment to driving member benefit, consistently delivering exceptional outcomes and experiences. The next period will be exciting as the merger and acquisition activities are completed and integration occurs.
This role represents an opportunity to join in the formative stages, have an impact, shape a team, and ensure scalability of the function to facilitate further growth.
On offer is a genuine opportunity to work deeply in both strategic and operational imperatives, lead and form a best-in-class finance team and be a part of a growing, reshaping, dynamic organisation.
To apply please provide a 1–2-page cover letter that demonstrates your fit to the requirements outlined along with your resume.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Courtney Chambers or Natasha Olsson-Seeto on 07 3305 5800. Applications close Sunday 4 July 2021.