As the Queensland Government’s principal economic, financial and commercial advisor, Queensland Treasury leads the long-term strategy for the Queensland economy. It partners with departments to develop key government policy and monitor performance against outcomes, manage the State’s financial resources and commercial risks, and analyse the performance of the Queensland economy. Queensland Treasury works to improve the performance of government enterprises and government-regulated markets to make them more competitive, progressive and sustainable.
Queensland Treasury has a contemporary, new operating model that is focused on a strong economic strategy, robust fiscal management, a clear commercial agenda and effective partnerships with agencies to shape policy that supports the medium and longer term economic strategy, and is drawn from integrated and enriched data analytics.
As a leader in the Queensland Government you will display outstanding judgement, high-level integrity, ethics and probity, strong agility to adapt to a constantly changing environment, a strong achievement orientation, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
You will have:
- A record of success as a leader in a large and complex organisation with outstanding leadership ability, a demonstrated capacity to collaborate and share resources to meet broader agency and client needs, and strategic skills and knowledge second to none
- Significant expertise and knowledge in:
- effectively leading corporate functions and implementing significant strategic initiatives
- organisational leadership, risk management, performance and service delivery
- shaping the culture and capabilities across a large organisation
- developing and initiating processes, policies and programs to deliver continuous improvement and best practice in organisational performance and service delivery
- A strong background in navigating and managing highly complex stakeholder relationships
- High-level political acumen and an ability to build strong, strategic relationships and respect with senior members of government
- Significant experience across the public, private and/or not for profit sectors with a strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service
- A strong strategic vision for the Corporate and Strategic Initiatives functions and Treasury, aligned with the Government’s priorities
- A proven track record as a leader of strategic change in complex challenging environments, in fostering a confident and capable workforce and in driving a culture of collaboration and participation.
Queensland Treasury is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse, safe and supportive work force.
Before selecting 'Apply' Click the below to download the Application Pack
For further information on all available roles: www.ontalent.com.au/queensland-treasury
Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Hayley Campbell on 07 3305 5800. Applications close at 11.59pm AEST 10 November 2019.