As the Queensland Government’s principal economic, financial and commercial advisor, Queensland Treasury leads the long-term strategy for the Queensland economy. It partners with departments to develop key government policy and monitor performance against outcomes, manage the State’s financial resources and commercial risks, and analyse the performance of the Queensland economy. Queensland Treasury works to improve the performance of government enterprises and government-regulated markets to make them more competitive, progressive and sustainable. Queensland Treasury has a contemporary, new operating model that is focused on a strong economic strategy, robust fiscal management, a clear commercial agenda and effective partnerships with agencies to shape policy that supports the medium and longer term economic strategy, and is drawn from integrated and enriched data analytics.
As a leader in the Queensland Government you will display outstanding judgement, high-level integrity, ethics and probity, strong agility to adapt to a constantly changing environment, a strong achievement orientation, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
You will have:
- A record of success as a leader in a large and complex organisation with outstanding leadership ability and a demonstrated capacity to collaborate and share resources to meet broader agency and client needs
- Significant expertise and knowledge in:
- effectively leading policy development, economic modelling and forecasting
- financial and commercial analysis of infrastructure projects, property developments and commercial transactions
- providing robust and influential economic policy advice, including on structural economic reform
- strategically shaping project planning, business case development, evaluation, procurement decisions and negotiations across government and with line agencies in order to advance the commercial interests of the State in partnership with the private sector
- Strong ability to:
- provide strategic leadership of a large and complex division undergoing significant change
- collaborate with senior leaders across agencies and influence to ensure an economic lens is brought to policy making and decisions across all of government
- utilise available data, be innovative and identify creative solutions
- collaborate with senior leaders across agencies and influence to ensure compliance with large capital programs (including for example, the State’s Project Assessment Framework and Gateway process)
- lead the provision of financial analysis and commercial advice to the Treasurer as Shareholding Minister, including in relation to GOC investment proposals
- High-level political acumen and an ability to build strong, strategic relationships and respect with senior members of government
- Strong strategic vision for the Economics, Policy and Commercial division and Treasury, aligned to the Government’s priorities
- A strong background in navigating and managing highly complex stakeholder relationships
- Significant experience across the public, private and/or not for profit sectors with a strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service
- A proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments, in fostering a confident and capable workforce and in driving a culture of collaboration and participation.
Queensland Treasury is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse, safe and supportive work force.
Before selecting 'Apply' Click the below to download the Application Pack:
For further information on all available roles: www.ontalent.com.au/queensland-treasury
Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Hayley Campbell on 07 3305 5800. Applications close at 11.59pm AEST 10 November 2019.