A growing organisation within Defence Industry with a successful product portfolio in the C4ISR area is seeking a Director of Sales/Business Development to lead the Australia/New Zealand region. In this pivotal and highly visible leadership role you will be responsible for shaping and executing the growth strategy for the region, leading capture of key pursuits managing a team in achieving annual plans and developing organizational capability closer to customers.
Part of a larger global business you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will have an important stakeholder engagement and influencing position responsible for building credibility both within the company and externally. This role also offers a unique opportunity, for the right individual to be a key part of the strategic future by helping to shape the strategy for the business.
This role offers a unique opportunity in consideration for their Managing Director succession planning strategy.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Director of Sales and Business Development will:
- Perform market analysis to determine key opportunities, challenges, and gaps.
- Execute plan to achieve year-over-year orders growth in region.
- Develop strong relationships with regional customers and partners.
- Support development of three-year strategic plan and annual operating plans.
- Manage Sales and Business Development teams to achieve annual and strategic plan.
- Build the companies brand, through performance, customer focus, capability leadership, ethical business practices, and integrity.
- Align with sector specific objectives through program management, product management, and other functions.
- Shape segment product and capabilities portfolio to align with market trends and customer needs.
- Build organizational capability in region and key countries.
- Hire and retain diverse talent.
- Advocate for team’s career and professional development.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be an experienced Director of Sales and Business Development within a technology solutions organisation providing to government/defence sectors. You will have experience across the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Prior relevant experience, working ideally within a Defence or comparable sector
- Proven track record of major complex contract bid development, win and commercial management that meets strategic targets including cost, profitability, efficiencies of scale and market share;
- The ability to develop, foster and sustain extensive and demanding multiple stakeholders and long-term customer relationships and the gravitas to be able to influence and effectively operate at the most senior levels of a Global matrix organisation, as well as high-status Government, Defence and industry partner stakeholders;
- Ability to travel regularly on a global basis required (up to 50%)
- Experience in a multi-cultural global business
- Proven success in fast-moving, multi-national change management situations
- Strong experience and network within the defined region
- Led organizations with demonstrated strong focus on metrics, data, and financial results.
- Ability to lead through influence, manage through ambiguity, and demonstrate courage, if required
- Ability to identify and pursue technology and innovation initiatives that align to the company’s ambition and strategy.
- High energy, proactive, dynamic, and committed leader who instils passion in both internal and external audiences.
- Strategic agility in shifting easily between the strategic and tactical, the conceptual and concrete.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.