- Newly focussed executive leadership position
- Drive enhanced client impact within a diverse portfolio
- Authentically lead through vision connected to overall mission
Churches of Christ in Queensland (CofC) has been an active part of the community for more than 130 years. With 3,500 staff and 1,000 volunteers, they have a significant presence in both Queensland and Victoria with over 200 services in more than 100 communities. Positively impacting tens of thousands of lives each year, Churches of Christ in Queensland provide Christ-inspired care and compassion to people at different stages of their life journey. Visit cofc.com.au to learn more.
Following a reimagination of area specific senior executive portfolios, led to the evolution of this new role. Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the role will focus on the effective and efficient management of Seniors Care, thereby providing the highest quality of care outcomes for clients. With a budget responsibility of approximately $250m, it will oversee a portfolio including 31 aged care facilities and 13 community services spread across city and rural locations within Queensland and Victoria. It will advise the CEO and Board on the strategic direction in relation to Clinical Governance and Care, Residential Aged Care and Home Care. Further, as an integral member of the Executive, it will ensure activities are closely aligned with the strategic direction of, and consistent with the mission and values of Churches of Christ in Queensland.
To be successful
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have led organisational change and developed scalable operating models and structures to support improvement and growth within a human services environment.
- A collaborative leader, you will bring strong stakeholder engagement and the ability to partner and build relationships at all levels both internally and externally, and with those that are geographically dispersed. Solutions oriented, your leadership style will be assertive and compassionate – you will have a growth mindset and a passion for delivering positive community and individual outcomes.
- Known for your entrepreneurial approach to developing customer-centric solutions to complex problems, in year one you will research, reimagine and develop a five-year strategic plan that is aligned with the values; a plan that takes into consideration enterprise thinking, commercial viability and long-term sustainability.
- With highly developed financial and risk management capabilities, plus an appreciation of the significant role of clinical governance and all relevant Aged Care legislation, you will take responsibility for driving and operationalising strategy, whilst ensuring the CofC way is embodied into all situations and in every location.
“The CofC Way is about Welcome, Wellbeing, Home, Community and Faith.”
The Churches of Christ in Queensland ethos is supported by active and deeply committed Christian values and to that end we are seeking interest from candidates who align to these values and beliefs. Further, this is an identified position within Churches of Christ in Queensland, therefore, to perform this role it is essential that you are not a disqualified individual under section 10A-1 (1) of the Aged Care Act 1997. You will also be required to hold or have the ability to acquire a National Police Certificate; Working with Children (Blue Card); Licensed Care Service (Child Protection); National Personal Insolvency Check; a current Influenza Vaccination.
To apply, please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter at www.ontalent.com.au outlining why you are the best person for this exciting and rewarding role. Confidential enquiries can be made to
Ben Thurlow on 07 3305 5800.