OnTalent is delighted to partner with Ipswich City Council to recruit four new and exciting roles in the People and Culture Division. The newly created position of eLearning Specialist will develop the capabilities of employees across the organisation through the design, development, deployment and coordination of internal eLearning training courses and recommendation of external courses to meet staff development objectives.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Consultant, the key responsibilities include:
- Applying instructional design theories and practice to design and develop innovate eLearning courses and materials in line with contemporary learning principles
- Developing engaging learning activities and compelling course content to enhance knowledge retention and transfer
- Reviewing, updating and enhancing the existing suite of online learning to improve the overall experience of the learner and alignment to the Council’s values
- Providing input into the effective delivery of the full suite of Learning and Development programs to ensure learning solutions are timely, relevant and impactful
- Contributing to the effective and efficient use of Council’s Learning Management System.
- Prioritising learning development in line with the strategic priorities of Ipswich City Council
- Designing and delivering engaging training using various training modalities including mobile, on-line, video and webinar, and in multiple formats.
- Advising on the use of externally procured eLearning solutions where a buying solution will achieve desired learning outcomes in a more cost effective manner
To be considered you will demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience in the effective design and execution of instructional design learning models that effectively meet employee development needs to improve organisational capacity
- Previous experience with learning theories, adult learning principles and instructional design technology, particularly Articulate
- Excellent interpersonal and consultancy skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers, key stakeholders and customers
- The ability to communicate with influence, negotiate effectively and work collaboratively across all levels and settings of the organisation
- Substantial skills in driving and leading organisational change initiatives and organisational development practices
- Organisational and project management skills with multiple and varied projects including strong analytical skills and report writing capabilities
- Knowledge and experience of the administration of HR Information Systems including Learning Management Systems
- Previous experience in the preparation of detailed reports that demonstrate effective analysis and critical thinking skills
In addition to the above, you will hold a graduate qualification in a relevant discipline and/or substantial experience to carry out the range of duties required. A current Queensland “C” Class driver’s license is imperative.
If you are an experienced eLearning Specialist and wish to be considered, please submit your resume and a one to two page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associated Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.