An established player in critical and complex product and systems this company is seeking an Electronics Engineer.
This business has a dedicated product development team in Australia and continues to deliver new product development and solutions.
We are seeking interest at a contract, fixed term or permanent engagement level.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Electronics Engineer will:
- Design, development and prototyping of new power and control circuits, including
- programmable logic devices, or design modification of existing products.
- Programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL.
- Develop software for microprocessor-based circuits, including serial communications Interfaces.
- Generate schematic diagrams and PCBs using Altium.
- Documentation of product design.
- Qualification testing of new products, including EMI/EMC,etc.
- Ability to deal with customers and present design details during customer reviews.
- Provide Engineering support to manufacturing as required.
- Participate in R&D meetings to evaluate new technical opportunities and contribute to company strategic direction.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in electronics design. You will have experience across the following:
- Degree Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Experience in programming and simulation of logic circuitry in VHDL.
- Experience in developing software for microprocessor-based circuits, including serial communications interfaces – I2C, CANBUS, USB, RS232 etc.
- Expert knowledge of Altium.
- Experience in Software for Production Test as well as V&V – LABWINDOWS, Python, LABVIEW, Shell, Perl etc.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to internal and external parties.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, persistence and attention to detail.
- Experience with a production environment.
- Experience advising on DFM and DFA issues as well as addressing at early stage any EMC/EMI/RMC considerations.
- Process and people focused.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.