Aquiba designs and manufactures high reliability long-life battery powered digital water meters with integrated Low Power Wide Area radio connectivity (LTE and ISM).
We are seeking a experienced R&D Electronics Lab Technician to support the engineering team in the development, testing, troubleshoot and characterisation of new and existing products.
This position will appeal to you if you are passionate about great product design and seeking a challenging role within an expanding product development team. You will be working with state of the art embedded hardware, LTE and ISM radios and sensor technology.
This position is based in our well-appointed facility Brisbane (Northern suburbs).
Under the direction of the Engineering team the Electronics Lab Tech will be performing the following duties
- Assembling test rigs for the conducting of experiments supporting the engineering team.
- Assembling of prototype products during the development stage.
- Conducting experiments to evaluate proposed product changes on product quality or technical performance issues.
- Trouble shooting product and manufacturing problems from the laboratory and recommend corrective actions.
- Board level repairs and non-conformance reporting.
- Ensuring Lab equipment is kept serviceable and in calibration.
- Documentation of test setups and procedures.
- Certificate, trade or diploma qualified, experienced electronics technician.
- IPC certification in soldering and rework highly with demonstrable experience or extensive industry experience.
- Programming experience highly desirable.
- Proficient in the use of electronics test equipment.
- Able to read and interpret schematics and PCB and in the use of Altium Designer.
- Communications skills both written and verbal at a technical level (Test procedures and reports).
To be considered please Apply with a resume and covering letter (in WORD format) Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner, on Ph: 07 3305 5830.