An established player in critical and complex product and systems this company is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer.
This business has a dedicated product development team in Australia and continues to deliver new product development and solutions.
We are seeking interest at a contract, fixed term or permanent engagement level.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Embedded Software Engineer will:
- Instrumental in defining and developing innovative, modular and maintainable software/firmware products.
- Take requirements to design software with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardising software modules where feasible.
- Provide creative solutions when dealing with technology challenges.
- Keep current with new and developing software technologies and assist in prototyping and determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies.
- Participate as an active team member in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to deliver high quality products.
- Support actively the selection or development of hardware platforms for control and communication systems.
- Analyse system specification and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Generate documentation to support testing and compliance certification activities.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in the software development process. You will will have experience across the following:
- Degree qualified in computer science, software / electronics engineering or a related technology qualification.
- Deep understanding of the operation and nuances of the C programming language.
- Experience in software engineering, embedded system engineering.
- Fluent in C and assembler for embedded systems.
- Development on 32-bit STM32 or other processor types.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read schematics, datasheets and use electronic test equipment.
- Scripting or programming knowledges – Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and DevOps environments.
- Document designs, processes and procedures.
- Process and people focused.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges related to growth and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.