Rosies is a Queensland based not-for-profit organisation, with its head office in Wynnum, sharing unconditional friendship to those in need since 1987. Founded by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, a missionary order of the Catholic Church, Rosies reaches out to those most in need, the abandoned, and those who are marginalised or socially isolated within our communities. Rosies mission is to be present for them, offering the experience of community and belonging.
A mainstay of local community cohesion and integration, Rosies has established itself as a household name with an extensive supporter network and school outreach program. Rosies has some 1400 volunteers, with 18 vehicles on the road delivering over 200 outreaches a month to 63,000 patrons a year. Their student engagement program is active in more than 70 schools with 1500 students and teachers regularly volunteering their support.
Reporting to the CEO, the Engagement & Fundraising Manager role will take overall responsibility for the state-wide development and implementation of all fundraising, marketing and communications activities. A newly created hands-on role in a small head office team, this position will plan, develop and implement an engagement strategy, including targeted campaigns, advertising and events – growing Rosies’ engagement with the community to further support the mission. This role will also develop strategies to maximise donor retention, acquisition and satisfaction via philanthropically focused programs, including direct appeals, regular giving and approved corporate partnerships. Further, you will demonstrate an ability to coordinate projects within required timeframes, especially when collaborating on external engagement opportunities with stakeholders. Experience in a marketing/fundraising role for a decentralised NFP is ideal, particularly within a volunteer-based context.
Fundraising responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop an annual program of philanthropic fundraising opportunities to generate donations in line with the Rosies strategic plan
- Continuously identify and review current and potential supporters, whilst ensuring ongoing stewardship contact with existing donors
- Establish appropriate donor recognition and stewardship opportunities for all Rosies supporters
- Liaise with stakeholders, including volunteers, regarding the development of new external donor and supporter relationships
- Maintain, review and analyse a philanthropically focussed CRM so that accurate gift and donor information is accessible
Engagement and Marketing responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating key events and media opportunities to maximise exposure and engagement with volunteers, partners and key stakeholders
- Act as the Rosies liaison for media and marketing activities, leading all promotions and events
- Delivering communications across multiple mediums and formats whilst initiating new ways to improve volunteer engagement/communications
- Copywriting, editing and production of all media and marketing collateral, including newsletters, reports and updates to stakeholders
- Managing Rosies online presence, including the website and social media
The Rosies ethos is underpinned by the Oblate spirit of daring and a committed set of Christian values, to that end we are seeking candidates who align to these values and beliefs. You will be required to hold, or be able to hold, a Blue Card, current driver’s license, and pass a criminal history check.
To apply, please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter outlining why you are the best person for this exciting and rewarding role via the "apply now" function. Confidential enquiries should be made to Ben Thurlow, Client Partner - OnTalent, on 07 3305 5800.
Applications close 5pm AEST Friday 6th November 2020.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.