This position reports to the General Manager Production for the Dalby Bio-Refinery.
Plans, organizes, directs, controls, coordinates and supports successful plant operations by leading the maintenance team to minimise operational downtime and maximise production output through effective execution of comprehensive preventative maintenance programs and through the correction of equipment breakdowns as well as the engineering and technical operations of the company.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Engineering Manager will be responsible:
- Manage the delivery of Engineering support at a mechanical and electrical level
- Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operation or solving process related problems
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the process operators
- Work in an organized and safe manner; address safety and housekeeping concerns
- Discipline support to projects, technical oversight and management of engineering/specialist consultants and equipment suppliers (including contract ownership)
- Development of projects from concept to implementation, including project definition, capital cost estimating and input to the annual CAPEX and OPEX budgeting process
- Identification and development of remedial strategies for all instrument, electrical and control equipment including management of equipment obsolescence
- Participation in risk assessments, root cause analysis and incident investigations.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive preventative and predictive maintenance programs and develop a comprehensive electrical and instrumentation maintenance program.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy of data approximating real-time information. Use the CMMS as a tool to improve equipment reliability, to standardise maintenance procedures and to reduce costs.
- Develop a comprehensive electrical and instrumentation maintenance program.
- Oversee detailed mechanical design of process and mechanical equipment
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Plan and execute maintenance shutdowns focused on minimising operation impact and disruptions while minimising maintenance costs
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience across the following:
- Bachelor's Degree, Higher Diploma in Engineering or an possess the industry experience background with relevant trade licenses in mechanical or electrical
- Strong operations professional with a Project Management background focused on continuous improvement / lean approach to manufacturing
- A background in plant operations at a production/manufacturing level
- Direct industry experience may cover – refining of commodities such as sugar, grain etc or a wider FMCG / Food manufacturing exposure
- Experience of mechanical systems – hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical control/process systems
- Experience of electrical systems – process control, SCADA, PLC etc
- Strong focus and background in process improvement, both with a systems and people focus
- Project engineering/management experience – planning, implementation and delivery
- A specialist in full engineering project and operational lifecycle development, including concept, schedule definition, capital cost estimating, procurement, contract management, commissioning, start-up, operations, shutdowns, equipment and systems upgrades and decommissioning.
- A sense of urgency as needed to operate effectively in the production environment.
- Self-motivated with drive and commitment to finish the job.
- Experience in condition monitoring, vibration analyses
- Possibly RPEQ qualified
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Senior Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.