The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) commenced operations in 2013 as a national entity responsible for regulating all vehicles in Australia over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass. Located in Brisbane, the NHVR minimises the compliance burden on the heavy vehicle transport industry, reduces duplication and inconsistencies across state and territory borders, and ultimately for the heavy vehicle business with government in Australia. Over the next three years, NHVR will deliver on a corporate plan that will continue to modernise regulatory approaches, create strong partnerships to drive consistency in the approach of enforcement agencies, increase the use of data, technology, and innovation, educate the community, and deliver a high performing, engaged workplace culture.
Reporting to a dynamic and inspiring Chief Executive Officer and engaging broadly with key external stakeholders, the Executive Director Corporate Affairs leads a multidisciplinary team across:
- Engagement and Communications
- Customer and Industry Engagement
Through these functions, the Executive Director Corporate Affairs leads the development of organisational and customer engagement strategies that support the Board and CEO vision for NHVR and positive industry outcomes. This is achieved through high quality engagement and communication services, and dedicated stakeholder engagement.
This broad and dynamic role will require you to:
- Lead an agile and influential team
- Coordinate an industry and jurisdictional aligned perspective
- Provide pre-emptive and highly responsive advice to the Board, CEO and Executive Leadership Team on matters which impact the organisation
- Develop and lead corporate affairs and stakeholder engagement strategy
- Lead and manage the:
- Customer and Industry engagement function – including building strong relationships with media, government agencies, and industry stakeholders
- Corporate partnership function
- Website and social media – improving accessibility and engagement
- Enable simple and controlled access to data, information, and knowledge
To be successful in this role, you will have held responsibility for Corporate Affairs in a complex business that engages deeply with both industry and government. You will have brought about the best in a sizeable team, bring energy, focus and proactive responsiveness to your team’s service delivery to the internal and external stakeholder groups. You will be politically savvy and understand the national and state jurisdictions in which NHVR operates.
You will be an astute issues manager, able to demonstrate how you pre-empt issues and build responsive strategies.
For more information or to apply with your resume and 1-2 page cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed, please visit www.ontalent.com.au/NHVR or email NHVR@ontalent.com.au
Confidential enquiries can be made to Danielle Guinea or Natasha Olsson-Seeto on 07 3305 5800.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.