OnTalent is delighted to partner with investLogan (iL), the independent investment company that is 100% owned by the Logan City Council and one of only five beneficial enterprises in Southeast Queensland. The focus of iL is on innovative strategy, social and commercial value capture, and sustainable growth. Core areas aim to enrich the community, become an economic catalyst for investment in social and community capital, and maximise a commercial return to the City of Logan. Achievements are demonstrable with the recent delivery of a $35m innovative, mixed-use building in a key transformational area of Logan and several other catalyst projects nearing completion including industrial and special needs housing.
As a result of iL’s strategic growth, a senior leadership role of Executive Manager Property and Development has been created. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as part of the executive team, this role will manage iL’s current and future property and development portfolio to maximise financial, economic, environment, infrastructure and social investment in the City of Logan for the benefit of the city and community.
Key accountabilities include:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and the Board to foster good relations, information networks, and a positive profile for iL, providing leadership, motivation, and guidance where required
- Preparation of briefs, review of tenders, and appointments of consultants and contractors
- Initiate, monitor, and influence the preparation of appropriate Urban Transformation Strategies, concept plans, and proposals
- Apply effective financial management principles and practices for land and property development projects and interpret financial performance methods including financial feasibility models, cash flow analysis, internal return, project profit margins, and risk profiling as they apply to land and property development projects
- Demonstrate a collaborative and innovative approach to urban transformation projects and work with the CEO to deliver high quality project outcomes
- Establish and maintain active working relationships with representatives in the private and public sectors, consultants, contractors, selling agencies, the community, and the property development industry
To be considered, we are seeking a highly experienced professional to lead the Property and Development portfolio into its next phase of growth. You will have outstanding industry experience and expertise, relevant tertiary education, thorough knowledge of the property and development sector, strong connections with industry and supporting associations as well as an understanding of local government.
You will possess financial analysis skills and a demonstrated ability to analyse and implement complex financial models and structures and evaluation of corresponding risks. A key capability of this role is the ability to expand opportunities in line with iL’s growth aspirations, specifically grow the development pipeline and convert these into live projects. Also, successful experience with Joint Ventures is also critical.
Additionally, you are experienced in negotiating and executing all types of development-related contracts, acquisitions, procure entitlements, and building permits. You have highly effective communication, presentation, and listening abilities essential for navigating company investment and development opportunities through the multitude of public and private steps for the successful completion of economic goals and company objectives.
This is an exceptional role for a high-performing Property and Development Executive who is keen to “make a difference” for the Logan community and work within in a close-knit, proactive, innovative, and driven executive team.
For a confidential discussion or to request a copy of the success profile, contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner, or Melanie Watson, Associate Client Partner on 07 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page cover letter and resume (Word format) by applying through the Seek process.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.