Magnetica is a medical device engineering and technology company specialising in the development and supply of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) systems, sub-systems and technologies. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, we have offices in Abingdon, near Oxford, UK (Scientific Magnetics Ltd) and Houston, USA (Tecmag, Inc.).
Following the recent merger of these companies, we are now focused upon commercialising our dedicated compact MRI systems to bring high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care. With a strong pedigree in MRI and NMR sub-system development and supply, trading as Magnetica, we have created a company with compelling IP and a broad technical team, to deliver diagnostic imaging systems and sub-systems to clinicians.
With proven capabilities in R&D, product commercialisation, manufacturing and supply, the company is at a stage of growth and opportunity to provide a unique integrated product offering in the MedTech sector. We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our team on a permanent basis, based in the Brisbane office.
Working closely with the CEO and CFO, and as part of the Management Team, the Finance Manager will take responsibility for significant aspects of the company’s financial management, finance support and consolidation across regional offices and a continuous improvement approach to financial systems and processes.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Finance Manager will:
- Oversight, management and undertaking of the completion of monthly financial accounts for delivery to the CFO, in partnership with each of the regional offices, as well as the Company’s contractors and external accounting advisors (as required)
- Oversight of timely and accurate AP, AR and Payroll processing activities
- Finance data entry/bookkeeping activities for Brisbane office
- Oversight, coordination and development of monthly financial reporting across the organisation
- Oversight, management and development of the Company’s budget and forecasting tool
- Support the CFO in the preparation of the Company’s financial statements in partnership with the Company’s external accounting advisors
- Management of the upgrade to, and continuous improvement of, financial accounting systems and processes, and associated reporting, to ensure that Magnetica maintains best practice in this area
To be successful in this role you will have experience as a Finance Manager role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Tertiary qualified Accountant and/or transferable skills and experience commensurate with the role
- CA or CPA accreditation is considered essential for this role
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a management role as a financial manager/controller
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience of accounting and payroll practices, in line with Australian GAAP, with the ability to stay up-to-date to ensure best practice
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Payroll systems with a desire for systems improvement
- Knowledge of ERP system implementation and continuous improvement, preferably with Microsoft Business Central (previously Navision)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and the Office suite of programs
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain financial issues to operational staff
- Effective relationship management skills offering solutions and handling conflict effectively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that can influence business opportunity with diplomacy at all business levels
- Proven ability to deliver results through individual effort by taking accountability for the achievement of results and working within the prescribed company Business Management Processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and remain calm in the face of dealing with simultaneous challenges
- High-level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.