It is not often that such an enviable and unique work/life balance opportunity becomes available but imagine a 2 hour flight ex Brisbane to Norfolk Island in a 2 week on and 2 week off arrangement! Your flight and accommodation expenses are funded and you have the flexibility of a permanent or fixed term arrangement as an employee or through your ABN. You also have the option to relocate permanently with a support package offered to cover your removal costs.
OnTalent is delighted to work in partnership with Norfolk Island Regional Council to source an experienced Financial Accountant to secure this exciting opportunity. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for delivery effective and professional financial accounting services across the Council, with a focus on reporting and compliance, to ensure the integrity of the Council’s accounts and system of internal financial controls. You will also provide leadership, management and direction to the finance officers within the Branch.
To be considered you will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Proven ability to achieve timely preparation of general purpose financial statements and statutory returns in accordance with account standards and relevant guidelines
- Extensive experience with ERP systems in particular Civica software is preferred
- Ability to apply analytical, problem solving and influencing skills to improve financial management throughout an organisation
- Experience in supervising employees, fostering accountability, excellent customer service and professional growth and innovation
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities within available resources and timeframes
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience maintaining, monitoring and upgrading a general ledger and subsidiary ledgers enabling efficient recording, oversight and control of income and expenditure
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, accounting standards and code of accounting practice changes affecting the responsibilities of a finance department
- Management of Fixed Asset Registers, including updating depreciation schedules and asset valuations
- Oversight of statutory financial reporting requirements, including submission for grant acquittals, comparative data, performance benchmarking, ABS and tax returns
- Degree in Commerce/Finance or related discipline with a major in Accounting
- CPA or CA accreditation and membership of relevant association
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position and local government experience is highly desirable
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone willing to work between home and Norfolk Island in a 50/50 arrangement or enjoy the pleasures of this idyllic lifestyle permanently. An attractive annual package is being offered including travel expenses and relocation support.
Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent, on (07) 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page cover letter and resume (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.