OnTalent is delighted to work in partnership with Norfolk Island Regional Council to source an experienced Financial Accountant to secure this exciting opportunity. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for delivery effective and professional financial accounting services across the Council, with a focus on reporting and compliance, to ensure the integrity of the Council’s accounts and system of internal financial controls. You will also provide leadership, management and direction to the finance officers within the Branch.
To be considered you will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Proven ability to achieve timely preparation of general purpose financial statements and statutory returns in accordance with account standards and relevant guidelines
- Ability to apply analytical, problem solving and influencing skills to improve financial management throughout an organisation
- Experience in supervising employees, fostering accountability, excellent customer service and professional growth and innovation
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities within available resources and timeframes
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience maintaining, monitoring and upgrading a general ledger and subsidiary ledgers enabling efficient recording, oversight and control of income and expenditure
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, accounting standards and code of accounting practice changes affecting the responsibilities of a finance department
- Management of Fixed Asset Registers, including updating depreciation schedules and asset valuations
- Oversight of statutory financial reporting requirements, including submission for grant acquittals, comparative data, performance benchmarking, ABS and tax returns
- Degree in Commerce/Finance or related discipline with a major in Accounting
- CPA or CA accreditation and membership of relevant association
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position
Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent, on (07) 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page cover letter and resume (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.