Reporting to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller manages a team of four and has overall responsibility for managing the financial functions including end of month processing and reporting, audit requirements, and compliance with the Fund’s financial and accounting principles, procedures, and practices in line with the Financial Management Framework. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Financial management
- Members and stakeholder engagement
- Risk and compliance
- Minimum 10 years financial management experience in a complex, commercial organisation which has experienced inorganic growth
- A strong technical finance background including knowledge of Australian Taxation Law and understanding of GS007
- Previous experience building control frameworks, regulatory reporting and compliance
- Exceptional communication, relationship building and people leadership capability
- Financial services sector experience not essential but preferred
- Relevant postgraduate tertiary qualifications as well as a CA or CPA qualification
This opportunity has strategic and operational imperatives and provides an opportunity to be a part of a growing, reshaping and dynamic organisation.
To apply please provide a 1–2-page cover letter that demonstrates your fit to the requirements outlined, along with your resume. Confidential enquiries can be made to OnTalent on 07 3305 5800 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close 12th January 2021.