A leading technology business experiencing growth in an emerging market is now hiring a Firmware Engineer.
Success to date has laid the foundation for the future and the business is seeking a dedicated Firmware Engineer.
As part of the Software team and part of the wider engineering division you will be develop Firmware for new features and enhancements.
- Develop firmware for bare metal and embedded Linux applications.
- Write high-quality C code in accordance with defined specifications.
- Write test plans, unit test cases and simulations to verify code function.
- Produce clear and concise documentation.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Read electrical schematics to derive firmware requirements.
- Perform bring-up of hardware circuits and peripherals.
- Work with key stakeholders and customers to debug and troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as Customer Support and Production to identify opportunities for product and system level enhancements.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in Embedded Linux Firmware development. You will have experience across the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science discipline (preferably Honors or higher degree).
- Commercial firmware experience.
- Strong understanding of the operation of software tool chains (IDE, compiler, linker, makefile).
- Strong proficiency using code testing tools (preferably cmocka).
- Strong proficiency using and setting up build tools (preferably cmake).
- Strong proficiency programming in C for bare metal and embedded Linux applications.
- Strong proficiency working with microprocessor hardware peripherals (interrupts, DMA, timers, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc).
- Experience using version control systems (preferably Git).
- Experience reading schematics, datasheets and using electronic test equipment.
- Bare metal embedded design.
- Regression testing and code release processes.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read schematics, datasheets and use electronic test equipment.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving.
If you are excited by the prospect of a challenging technical role in a fast-moving new product sector we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.