As a Full Stack Developer, you will form part of an agile development team responsible for building enterprise class software systems atop of the Microsoft .NET development stack. You will need to research, analyse, plan, design, estimate, build, implement, maintain and support application functionality while working with other developers and Product Managers throughout the software development lifecycle.
You will be touching on all layers of the application stack as part of a team where a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills is essential.
You may be required to liaise with end-users, subject matter experts, business analysts and peers within the business as well as customers in order to meet requirements and objectives. As part of the company team you will be required to attend to tasks outside of your everyday responsibilities from time to time.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Full Stack Developer will:
- Incorporate non-functional requirements (like scale, maintainability, reliability, viability and operational impact to the business) with the functional requirements of the customer
- Gain an in depth understanding of the product platform from both the user’s perspective and the application architecture
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices that are in line with reference architecture patterns and practises
- Interpret requirements to design and develop effective website application functionality that exhibit professional and consistent user interfaces that meet both customer expectations and Product architecture and application patterns
- Apply effective time management and task estimation of daily activities to achieve expected outcomes within the budgeted time
- Work with team members to follow process methodology, providing visibility on progress and ensuring workload balance with clear communication
- Establish and apply quality assurance procedures to test and validate that developed functionality meets requirements and customer expectation
- Work with an agile team to collectively develop, test, and maintain the CXA platform built on Microsoft technologies
- Gather, analyse and interpret customer requirements and user stories to develop conceptual features, functional requirements, and technical specifications
- Create functional feature designs and supporting technical documentation that address requirements and determine the required work breakdown and effort estimates
- Develop, test and implement efficient and robust application functionality as per design documentation to solve requirements in accordance with CoTé architecture patterns
- Integrate software components and third-party programs according to specifications and guidelines.
- Test, troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
To be successful in this role you will have experience in Full Stack Developer role within a software and platform development environment. You will have experience across the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related software development discipline
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer, or similar role
- Working experience designing and implementing web user interfaces (UI)
- Working experience with Microsoft .NET development using C# and object orientated programming
- Experience modelling databases and working with relational (and NoSQL) database designs
- Experience with distributed computing, client/server application development and/or web services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to innovative, elegant designs and collaborative problem solving
- Interpret and create technical design documentation and be comfortable with class designs, object relational data modelling (ORM), activity diagrams, swim-lane diagrams, and flow charts
- Experience with web technologies such as ECMAScript (ES6+), TypeScript, Webpack, security principles, and web data exchange protocols like SOAP, REST, WS-*, etc.
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL Server, SQL queries, MongoDB
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies like Scrum
- Familiarity with unit testing theory
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.