OnTalent is delighted to partner with the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation to recruit a Functions and Events Manager to oversee the daily operations of this unique venue.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who enjoys the hospitality industry and being hands-on across a broad range of responsibilities. Managing a small team of dedicated and loyal employees, this role reports to the Executive Officer of the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation and key responsibilities include managing the entire operational facility including accommodation, catering, housekeeping, event management, marketing, people management, financials and business development.
To be successful we are seeking experience in front of house hospitality and event management. You will have excellent communication skills and enjoy building collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, established clients and building external partnerships. You will have proven experience developing and implementing strategies to ensure a positive experience for customers and to identify growth opportunities for the Centre.
To be considered you will be:
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- A true customer service professional with a passion for providing innovative customer experiences
- An experienced people leader with a professional, sincere and values driven management style
- Committed to the safety of children and vulnerable adults
- Flexible when it comes to working hours and rosters
- Experienced in administrative tasks including rostering, developing policy and procedures, setting budgets and cost management
- A hands-on service driven manager who leads with a proactive and inclusive leadership style
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certified
- Competent in the understanding of licensing and other legislative compliance requirements of managing a conference and function centre
- Competent with IT including Microsoft suite of products
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy