Open Minds’ clear purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities. They do this through the provision of a range of services delivered directly or in partnership across several Queensland and Northern NSW locations. The NDIS and changes to the provision of specialist support programs is providing an opportunity for Open Minds to have even greater impact and as such the organisation is poised for its next stage of growth and evolution. With a new Chief Executive on board and a clear strategic remit to evolve and transform the business, we are seeking an experienced, customer centric, dynamic and strategically agile General Manager of Human Resources and Safety to play a key role in bringing an exciting new strategic plan to life.
As part of an Executive Leadership team you will move seamlessly from contributing to high level strategic decision making to taking a deep dive into detailed workforce analysis and positioning for service delivery. Also leading the Safety function, you will ensure that processes, behaviours and strategies are in place to ensure the safety of all staff, clients and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- An experienced Human Resources leader with a commercial mindset
- Project management capacity and working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma or similar
- Deep expertise in complex workforce analysis and planning – linked to talent identification and attraction – designed to support excellence in service delivery
- Exposure to complex rostering requirements
- Leadership of cultural realignment – bringing colour and energy to a workforce that translates to deep staff and customer engagement
- Leadership of safety in a high risk service delivery context
- Visionary leadership – internally and externally- high EQ
- A consultative style that engages broadly, partnering to deliver outcomes
- Exposure to the NDIS and related challenges will be well regarded
- Creativity, energy and dynamism
If you’re seeking an opportunity where you can drive incredible social outcomes through astute people, safety and culture leadership, love leading in a values based organisation and can demonstrate the attributes and experience listed above please apply with your resume and 1-2 pages cover letter that highlights how you meet the criteria.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Hayley Campbell on 07 3305 5800.