Churches of Christ in Queensland (CofC) has been an active part of the community for more than 130 years. With 3,500 staff and 1,000 volunteers, they have a significant presence in both Queensland and Victoria with over 200 services in more than 100 communities. Positively impacting tens of thousands of lives each year, Churches of Christ in Queensland provide Christ-inspired care and compassion to people at different stages of their life journey.
Reporting into the Director Children, Youth and Families, the role will focus on leading the operational management of frontline services to vulnerable children, young people and families through the Children, Youth and Families (CYF) group. As an integral member of the Senior Leadership team, you will ensure activities are closely aligned with the strategic direction of, and consistent with the mission and values of Churches of Christ in Queensland.
To be successful in this role:
- You will be experienced in leading and managing large and geographically dispersed teams. You will be tertiary qualified in business or management, potentially with a tertiary qualification in psychology or social work. You will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the child protection system within Queensland or similar jurisdictions.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have led organisational change and driven the operationalisation of strategy to drive a culture of service delivery excellence within a human services environment. You will manage the capture of novel approaches, innovations and lessons-learned in order to facilitate Churches of Christ in Queensland’s positioning as the thought and performance leader within the child safety sector in Queensland.
- A collaborative leader, you will bring strong stakeholder engagement and the ability to partner and build relationships at all levels both internally and externally, and with those that are geographically dispersed.
- You will manage the financial performance of the operations team within agreed financial and service performance parameters and drive effective utilisation of labour and expenses.
- You will ensure regulatory requirements and best practice are reflected in policy and procedures and are effectively communicated and implemented. You will be experienced managing and monitoring operations to identify major risk, threats or critical incidents and collaboratively implement strategy to mitigate risk.
- Known for your organisational development approach, you will have experience developing a highly effective workforce, with a focus on building capability and empowering a growth mindset that translates to positive community and individual outcomes.
“The CofC Way is about Welcome, Wellbeing, Home, Community and Faith.”
The Churches of Christ in Queensland ethos is supported by active and deeply committed Christian values and to that end we are seeking interest from candidates who align to these values and beliefs. Further this position will fulfil the statutory role of Child Nominee, ensuring Churches of Christ in Queensland meets all provisions of the Child Protection Act 1999. You will be required to hold or have the ability to acquire a Working with Children (Blue Card); Licensed Care Service (Child Protection); National Personal Insolvency Check; a current Influenza Vaccination and a Current driver’s licence. Periodic travel inter/intrastate is also a requirement of the role.
If you are interested in this exciting and rewarding role, please review the Position Description and submit your application (resume and a 1-2 page cover letter) at www.ontalent.com.au/churchesofchrist
Confidential enquiries can be made to either Robyn Walker or Fiona Cochran on 07 3305 5800.
Applications close Friday, 4 June 2021.