In 1961, the KBSC formed links with the Yeppoon Bowls Club in order to raise funds benefiting both organisations, it was a partnership that came full circle 45 years later when KBSC purchased the bowls club. Today, the KBSC operates four venues which support the sports of sailing and bowls; The Clubhouse, The Spinnaker, Club Emu Park and Krackers Bar & Grill.
The KBSC is situated directly on the picturesque beaches of Yeppoon in the Capricorn Coast of Queensland, 40minutes east of Rockhampton. Yeppoon is a vibrant beachside community offering a relaxed, safe lifestyle with multiple educational institutions and sporting facilities located within close proximity.
The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing all of KBSC’s venues and interests, ensuring that the Club remains commercially viable both in the short-term during Queensland’s COVID recovery, and in the long-term by taking advantage of the substantial redevelopment of The Clubhouse – scheduled to break ground in 2021. In addition to hospitality, sailing and bowls are integral to KBSC’s overall operation and you will develop strong working relationships with these areas, thereby contributing towards the implementation and development of numerous standout events and ventures.
Reporting to the Board, the Keppel Bay Sailing Club is looking for an innovative and inspirational General Manger who:
- Will be responsible for the overall management, performance and promotion of the various KBSC group venues (club management, gaming, systems, membership, charitable gaming and loyalty programs well regarded)
- Employs a management philosophy which ensures the efficient and effective operation of all venues, with an emphasis on consistency and improvement
- Has a proven track record in the successful management and development of multi venue operating plans, including events and gaming
- Displays authentic, values-based leadership qualities with a focus on excellence in the provision of services to members, guests and staff alike
- Delivers strong communication and interpersonal skills, ensuring a service-focused environment for members, guests, and staff
- Possess robust financial, administration and compliance skills with the ability to negotiate contracts and supplier services
- Whilst developing and coaching a cohesive management team, can work autonomously but also in harmony with members of the KBSC Board and related stakeholder groups
Please submit your resume and a one to two-page cover letter at www.ontalent.com.au outlining why you are the best person for this exciting and rewarding role. Regional Queensland and interstate applicants are encouraged. Confidential enquiries should be made to Ben Thurlow, Client Partner - OnTalent, on 07 3305 5800.