The Global Bid Manager role is highly visible and has overall responsibility and accountability for the proposal process and generation of high quality of proposals within the global business. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, who ensures that proposal activities support the Strategy and Growth/Business Development effort consistent with processes and procedures, and strategic plan. The position will work closely with the Executive team on regular bid/no bid strategy and approvals.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Global Bid Manager will:
- Be accountable for the timely compilation, proof and submission of all tender and bid documents.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, effectively communicating requirements and coordinating inputs from different parts of the organization.
- Maintain awareness of international opportunities, monitoring tender and grant sites, and proactively build relationships with bid partners.
- Responsible for managing all phases of the pursuit from business development, decision to pursue through proposal development to compilation, post tender clarifications and sales to operations handover.
- Co-ordinate the bid process from submission through to negotiation and execution.
- Serve as the Project Manager to develop Tritiums internal proposal process including where required follow-up, sales to operations hand over, lessons learned. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement the proposal management plan, process and responsibility matrix
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality bids and final oversight, using industry best practices
- Facilitate strategy sessions on proposal efforts to develop the win strategy and theme/value proposition for proposals
- Attend and support commercial operations and cost reviews to ensure alignment with technical and strategic aspects, and to ensure understanding of related commercial risks and mitigation.
- Degree Business Studies, Commerce or Finance.
- Extensive professional experience generating Tenders and Proposals, ideally for the Energy, Infrastructure, Product or Mobility sectors.
- Strategic, creative thinker with ability to “think outside the box”, combined with a solid understanding of contract terms.
- Excellent time management and project management skills: ability to prioritize activities and manage projects, interface with client representatives, interpret client/stakeholder requirements, manage client/stakeholder expectations, plan work load, organize proposals team resources and deliver on agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability to lead and driving the bid development process.
- Strong sense of personal ethics: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality in line with our Corporate Vision and Values.
- Experience in the submission of international tenders across varying regions, business sectors and entities especially Europe and North America.
- Experience at an international tender level of large complex business to business deals, opportunities and pursuits.
- Professional document formatting and visual publication (layout, infographics, etc.).
- Experience working across international time zones, cultures, languages and geographies.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and display business acumen, including a good grasp of financials.
- Proficient at mobilizing internal resources – experience in working with multiple teams – Sales, Engineering, Customer Service (CX), Finance etc.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.