RSL Queensland is a successful, well-run, and highly effective organisation with a supportive and deeply connected Board. It is one of seven state branches of the Returned and Services League of Australia (RSL). Its purpose is to promote members’ interests and provide support to current and returned service men and women and their families. Its services are funded by the most successful charitable lottery in the world and include advocacy, health, accommodation and employment services, emotional support services and driving initiatives that address challenges faced by the membership.
The Board is establishing a Governance, Constitution & Awards Committee (paid) to support and embed improved governance maturity across the League in Queensland. The Committee will include five (5) members with three (3) of these to be independent non-executive personal. The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year with an expectation of some ad-hoc requirements beyond this. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed committee that will ensure good governance to support a strong and sustainable League network for the benefit of members and veterans and their families. We are seeking suitably experienced and qualified candidates to be considered by the Board for appointment.
Beyond relevant Board or Non-Executive Committee experience we are seeking the following:
- Understanding of best practice corporate governance supported by qualifications in governance or relevant further education/training - Member/Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors or Governance Institute of Australia, or similar
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, obligations and risks applicable to a commercial not for profit charity including but not limited to the ACNC Act 2012 and ACNC Governance Standards, Associations Incorporations Act 1981 (Qld), Corporations Act 2001
- Ability to communicate complex information and issues to a broad audience
- Extensive stakeholder relationship skills and demonstrated ability to create effective working relationships and negotiate with diverse groups
- Demonstrated connection to purpose and a propensity to pursue ‘for purpose’ objectives; passionate about and understands the imperative of improving the quality of life of Australia’s veterans and their families.
RSL Queensland Members are encouraged to apply. To be considered for these exciting roles, please submit your resume outlining your relevant experience (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Courtney Chambers on 07 3305 5800 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org