The Board is establishing a Governance, Constitution & Awards Committee (paid) to support and embed improved governance maturity across the League in Queensland. The Committee will include five (5) members with three (3) of these to be independent non-executive personal. The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year with an expectation of some ad-hoc requirements beyond this. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed committee that will ensure good governance to support a strong and sustainable League network for the benefit of members and veterans and their families. We are seeking suitably experienced and qualified candidates to be considered by the Board for appointment.
Beyond relevant Board or Non-Executive Committee experience we are seeking the following:
- Understanding of best practice corporate governance supported by qualifications in governance or relevant further education/training - Member/Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors or Governance Institute of Australia, or similar
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, obligations and risks applicable to a commercial not for profit charity including but not limited to the ACNC Act 2012 and ACNC Governance Standards, Associations Incorporations Act 1981 (Qld), Corporations Act 2001
- Ability to communicate complex information and issues to a broad audience
- Extensive stakeholder relationship skills and demonstrated ability to create effective working relationships and negotiate with diverse groups
- Demonstrated connection to purpose and a propensity to pursue ‘for purpose’ objectives; passionate about and understands the imperative of improving the quality of life of Australia’s veterans and their families.
Applications will close 5:00pm, Friday 30 April 2021.