As the Queensland Government’s principal economic, financial and commercial advisor, Queensland Treasury leads the long-term strategy for the Queensland economy. It partners with departments to develop key government policy and monitor performance against outcomes, manage the State’s financial resources and commercial risks, and analyse the performance of the Queensland economy. Queensland Treasury works to improve the performance of government enterprises and government-regulated markets to make them more competitive, progressive and sustainable. Queensland Treasury has a contemporary, new operating model that is focused on a strong economic strategy, robust fiscal management, a clear commercial agenda and effective partnerships with agencies to shape policy that supports the medium and longer term economic strategy, and is drawn from integrated and enriched data analytics.
As a leader in the Queensland Government you will display outstanding judgement, high-level integrity, ethics and probity, strong agility to adapt to a constantly changing environment, a strong achievement orientation, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
You will have:
- Demonstrated a successful career in Budget and/or financial management (including financial reporting and balance sheet management policy) within a state or federal organisation, or as a Chief Financial Officer in a large private sector organisation, with strong technical skills and knowledge of budget/financial management.
- A record of success as a leader in a large and complex organisation with outstanding leadership ability and a demonstrated capacity to collaborate and share resources to meet broader agency and client needs
- Significant ability to:
- lead the use of financial expenditure monitoring as a key tool in ensuring effective delivery of government outcomes
- provide strategic leadership to a large and complex division undergoing significant change
- collaborate with and influence senior leaders across agencies to ensure an emphasis on fiscal matters in government policy
- be innovative and identify creative solutions to complex issues
- High-level political acumen and an ability to build strong, strategic relationships and respect with senior members of government
- A strong strategic vision for the Budget and Financial Management division and Treasury, aligned with the Government’s priorities
- A strong background in navigating and managing highly complex stakeholder relationships
- Significant experience across the public, private and/or not for profit sectors with a strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service
- A proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments, in fostering a confident and capable workforce and in driving a culture of collaboration and participation.
Queensland Treasury is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse, safe and supportive work force.
Before selecting 'Apply' download the Application Pack below.
For information on all available roles: www.ontalent.com.au/queensland-treasury
Confidential enquiries can be made to Fiona Cochran or Dawn Peppin on 07 3305 5800. Applications close at 11.59pm AEST 10 November 2019.