Our client is an iconic national brand on the Australian landscape. OnTalent is delighted to partner with the Queensland Branch of this national not for profit organisation to source a new Head of Risk and Compliance for the Legal and Governance team.
The Head of Risk and Compliance reports to the Chief Legal Counsel and will lead the Risk and Compliance team. This role is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a comprehensive risk management framework which supports the delivery of strategic objectives and meets the requirements of stakeholders, fostering a positive risk and compliance culture through contributing to key decisions and projects.
Key accountabilities of this role include management of the following:
- Enterprise Risk Management,
- Enterprise Compliance Framework,
- Policy framework,
- Insurance program
- Resilience and Business Continuity
- Emergency Management and Crisis Management
We are seeking candidates who have skills and experience in leadership, strategic thinking, a record of achieving results, communicating with influence, have a strong business acumen and manage teams effectively.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate your ability and experience in:
- Designing and maintaining risk and compliance management systems and change management
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare Board and management reports
- Overall management and knowledge of the principles of effective risk management and compliance practises, systems and reporting
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills and ability to influence and build productive relationships with people of all levels within an organisation
- Leadership and people management of a risk and compliance team
- Membership of the Risk Management Institute of Australasia is desirable
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a risk and compliance professional
- Qualifications in Business related studies, preferably accounting with additional post graduate qualification in risk management, compliance, business management or corporate governance (desirable)
As an employer of choice, rich with history and social purpose, this organisation drives a culture of connection and unity.
To request a success profile outlining the key responsibilities of this position or for a confidential discussion, enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner on 07 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit your resume and a two-page cover letter (Word format) be selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.