As Chief Executive, Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS), you will advance the strategic objectives for one of Queensland’s highest performing health services. The success of WBHHS relates to its understanding of and partnership with the community it serves in combination with a highly skilled, dedicated workforce committed to quality healthcare. Serving a population of 214,000 people from multiple locations across 37,000 square kilometres this is a superb opportunity to:
- Lead a health service executive team in one of Queensland’s most beautiful regions
- Utilise your strategic and executive leadership skills
- Manage the overall delivery of health services for a large regional community
Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service is responsible for the delivery of public hospital and health services including medical, surgical, emergency, obstetrics, paediatrics, specialist outpatient clinics, mental health, critical care and clinical support services to people residing in a geographical area which incorporates the North Burnett, Bundaberg and Fraser Coast local government areas and part of Gladstone local government area (Miriam Vale).
Reporting to the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service Board, the role of Chief Executive will ensure that the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) achieves a balance between efficient service delivery and high quality health outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Hospital and Health Board (HHB) in the development and implementation of HHS’s vision and strategy ensuring alignment to the community needs and Qld Health’s priorities.
- Implement state-wide service priorities and plans as determined by the Chief Executive/Director General and Minister for Health.
- Lead and provide direction to the HHS Executive Team, to ensure delivery of effective, efficient and economical healthcare to the community.
- Ensure risk, compliance and clinical governance frameworks operate across the HHS linking continuous improvement in health service delivery.
- Provide strategic advice and high-level counsel to the HHB.
- Ensure resources are planned, allocated and evaluated to meet health service agreements and related financial targets.
- Lead HHS’ engagement with the community, practitioner groups, other HHSs and relevant stakeholders within the HHS and encourage and foster the development of strategies to support collaboration.
To be successful you will demonstrate key attributes and competency in the following:
- An ability to provide strategic, analytical and innovative skills in management and delivery, particularly in a healthcare environment
- Manage a significant workforce and leading the development of people and culture at a whole of organisation level
- Lead an executive team and report to a Board, understanding governance and legislative requirements
- High level negotiation, consultative, communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with the competing needs of various government, non-government and community stakeholders
- High level of political acumen and success in building and maintaining external and internal stakeholder relationships
- A values driven management style with proven people management skills and success as an executive leadership
- Leading change through people
To be considered for this exciting executive leadership opportunity, please submit your resume and a two-page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile, contact Robyn Titmus, Client Partner on 07 3305 5800. Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 31st January, 2020.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.