This business is committed to upholding high ethical, environmental and safety standards across our operation, and have developed a business code of conduct.
In addition, they are committed to creating a safe workplace for their people and developing a culture of environmental awareness and stewardship.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the HSE Advisor will:
- Ensure the workplace is as far as practicable, safe and without risk. To develop and grow a culture of environmental awareness, stewardship, good environmental practices and sustainability.
- Drive an attitude and culture that demonstrates “safety first” through a visible hands on approach across the plant and its operations.
- Proactively facilitate and support the delivery of all HSE policies and procedures.
- Enforce the risk management process and provide leadership and expertise on all HSE matters.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of ‘fit for purpose’ operational HSE management procedures.
- Contribute to collaborative internal and external HSE audits including preparation and timely close out of identified deficiencies.
- Oversee and drive HSE compliance assurance to ensure completion and accurate recordings of HSE performance metrics, including training, audit findings, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Provide leadership and expertise on all HSE matters and champion HSE policies and procedures
- Liaise with plant operations and management to ensure HSE management systems are ‘fit for purpose’ and effective.
- Maintain comprehensive HSE records and manage all statutory HSE reporting requirements
- Facilitate compliance with environmental policies, programs and strategies to improve environmental outcomes
- Coordinate monitoring of environmental aspects including; air quality, noise and water.
- An Occupational Health and Safety Qualification (Cert IV min.)
- Very strong hands on and problem-solving approach to day to day safety and operations.
- Experience in the effective implementation of HSE Management Systems within a manufacturing or process plant
- Sound understanding of the WH&S Act, Petroleum and Gas Legislation and subordinate legislation (regulations).
- Experience in accident investigation and formal reporting processes.
- Knowledge of environmental management system ISO 14001:202015.
- Knowledge of OHS management system AS/NZS 4801:2001.
- Strong analytical skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication abilities and a proven ability in procedure writing.
- Extensive experience with MS Office Suite and demonstrated ability to use and adapt internet-based HSE Management Software.
- Experience in Petrochemical or other hazardous manufacturing facility or industry.
- Team work ethic and an ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of operational and technical colleagues.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an Organization
- “Can do” attitude, outcome focused and accountable for delivery in this role.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.