Magnetica is a medical device engineering and technology company specialising in the development and supply of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) systems, sub-systems and technologies. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, we have offices in Abingdon, near Oxford, UK (Scientific Magnetics Ltd) and Houston, USA (Tecmag, Inc.).
Following the recent merger of these companies, we are now focused upon commercialising our dedicated compact MRI systems to bring high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care. With a strong pedigree in MRI and NMR sub-system development and supply, trading as Magnetica, we have created a company with compelling IP and a broad technical team, to deliver diagnostic imaging systems and sub-systems to clinicians.
With proven capabilities in R&D, product commercialisation, manufacturing and supply, the company is at a stage of growth and opportunity to provide a unique integrated product offering in the MedTech sector. We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our team on a permanent basis, based in either the Brisbane (Australia) or Abingdon (UK) offices.
As part of the Product Development team, the Integration and Test Engineer will be responsible for the integration of spectrometers, hardware electronics for the magnet system, gradient coil, RF coils as well as other key modules/components that will comprise part of Magnetica’s products.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Integration and Test Engineer will:
- Responsible for the development test plans and strategies
- Ensure overall compliance with program technical quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure effective testing, verification and validation
- Design, maintain and enhance a variety of specialized test procedures
- Provide traceability between development requirements and test cases
- Preparing and conducting test readiness reviews
- Development of test procedures for V&V activities
- DFM, DFA and DFT analysis and liaison with the design team
- Development of Manufacturing Test Procedures
- Development of automated testing capability
- Setup of a strategy that determines test repeatability and traceability
- Creating and manage test defects with the development team
To be successful in this role you will have experience as an Integration and Test Engineer within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- You will hold a degree in Engineering; Electronics, Communications, Systems Engineering, IT, Electrical Software, or a related discipline
- Product development lifecycle experience in Electro-Mechanical or similar products.
- Experience Identifying test data and conditions required for test execution
- Previous software test experience at an Integration, V&V and manufacturing test level
- Experience in driving a test driven design methodology and focus
- Experience in product realisation of medical imaging devices, specifically in MRI systems, highly desirable.
- Significant experience with the integration & test of software, components, subsystems and systems.
- Substantial experience in test requirements elicitation, management, traceability, and documentation using test management processes and tools
- Significant experience using automated testing methodologies and associated tools (for Hardware/Software based products) – LabVIEW, Python and other scripting languages
- Experience in taking ownership for, and championing moving forward the Integration and Test function
- A demonstrated history of delivering high quality work, on-time, and to specifications
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff
- A team player that can also ensure individual workload is successfully delivered
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.