RSL Queensland is a successful, progressive and highly effective member-based organisation with a supportive and deeply connected board. Its purpose is to provide a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families, with a vision to be the most valued and trusted partner to enrich the Australian Defence Family’s quality of life. Its services are funded by the most successful charitable lottery in the world and include advocacy, health, accommodation and employment as well as social connection activities and other initiatives which address challenges faced by veterans and their families.
The Board is establishing an Investment Committee to oversee and govern the organisation’s diverse investment portfolio. The Committee will include five (5) members, three (3) of whom will be independent non-executive Committee members (paid). The Committee will meet four (4) times per year with an expectation of some ad hoc requirements beyond this. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed Committee that will drive value for RSL Queensland through purpose-driven strategic investment advice and recommendations. We are seeking suitably experienced and qualified candidates to be considered by the Board for appointment.
Beyond relevant Board or non-executive Committee experience we are seeking the following:
- Understanding of relevant governance, financial and legal (relevant legislation) requirements related to performing a role on a Board Committee
- Expertise in managed investment optimisation, complex financial arrangements and third-party fund management oversight
- Ability to identify and analyse/evaluate investment opportunities both for growth (revenue generating) and funding (capital raising) purposes
- Strategic property investment experience
- Risk management experience, including guiding investment in context of risk/return and investor risk profile
- Extensive networks and stakeholder engagement capability
- Formal relevant qualification from a tertiary or institution or recognised professional body (e.g. FINSIA, CFA Institute, FPA, AICD, ICAA, CPA Aust) and/or 10+ years significant practical experience displaying relevant expertise at Board, Committee or Executive level
- Demonstrated connection to purpose and a propensity to pursue ‘for purpose’ objectives with a passion for and understanding of the imperative of improving the quality of life of Australia’s veterans and their families
Applications close Monday 3 August 2020.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy