OnTalent is delighted to partner with Ipswich City Council to recruit four new and exciting roles in the People and Culture Division. The newly created position of Learning and Development Consultant will lead the Learning and Development team to strategically develop the capabilities of employees across the organisation through the development, coordination, resourcing and delivery of internal training courses and recommendation of external courses to meet staff development objectives.
Reporting to the Organisational Capability and Projects Manager, the key responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing the capability of the Learning and Development team
- Assessing the learning and development needs of the organisation to support individuals or job families to maintain and/or gain the required skills and knowledge to effectively perform in their roles
- Providing expert advice to key stakeholders and senior leaders in relation to the learning and development function
- Developing the organisational Learning and Development Strategy and facilitate leadership, personal effectiveness and team development programs
- Coaching and supporting internal Subject Matter Experts to build and deliver programs to meet adult learning principles in design, delivery and assessment
- Planning, developing and implementing blended learning solutions in various forms including face to face, online, self-paced and just-in-time, on-demand solutions
- Overseeing the coordination of the organisational training calendar and work closely with the ICT branch to maximise the effectiveness and ease of the Learning Management System.
To be considered you will demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience leading and developing a Learning and Development team in a large and complex organisation
- Experience in developing and executing a Learning and Development strategy in line with organisational priorities
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to influence, negotiate effectively and work collaboratively across all levels of an organisation
- Strong experience developing and facilitating learning solutions across a diverse audience with broad development needs
- Substantial experience developing leadership and management capability across an organisation
- Experience in the implementation of performance management and development frameworks to improve employee performance and engagement
- Substantial organisational and project management skills with multiple and varied projects including strong analytical skills and report writing capabilities
- Previous experience in the preparation of detailed reports, effective analysis and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and experience of enterprise applications training systems and programs (including effective use of LMS)
In addition to the above, you will hold a graduate qualification in a relevant discipline and/or substantial experience to carry out the range of duties required. A current Queensland “C” Class driver’s license is imperative.
It’s not often that an opportunity which specialises in Learning and Development becomes available, therefore if you wish to be considered, please submit your resume and a one to two page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associated Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.