Legal Counsel and Assistant Company Secretary
|Job Title:||Legal Counsel and Assistant Company Secretary|
|Contact Name:||Natasha Olsson-Seeto|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 11:45|
Reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary the role is responsible for:
- providing commercial and pragmatic advice to the organisation and its' related entities
- ensuring compliance with statutory and prudential requirements
- supporting a fit for purpose corporate governance framework
- anticipation of legal exposures and briefing stakeholders
- reviewing and drafting legal documentation, agreements and correspondence
- assisting in the management of insurance claims, disputes and legislation
- monitoring developments and changes to the legal and regulatory environment
- maintaining and reviewing the contracts register, policies, documents and board registers and documentation management
- attending and minuting board committee meetings including collation of papers and development of templates
To be successful in this role you will have appropriate qualifications and a current practising certificate. You will have a minimum of 4 years post admission experience (in practice or in-house) with exposure and knowledge of financial services very highly regarded. Preferably you will have some exposure to working with boards and understand the responsibilities of the company secretariat. You will have strong commercial skills, sound judgement and strong drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills.
Our client is offering a genuine growth opportunity for the right candidate - balancing the administration requirements with supporting complex and interesting commercial and regulatory/compliance work. We encourage applications from candidates who see this as a 'step up' and who are looking for a great move to a broad and varied in house role.
Please provide your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter outlining why you are a great fit for this role and why this role is a great next move for you. Enquiries can be made to Hayley Campbell or Natasha Olsson-Seeto on 07 3305 5800. Applications close Sunday 8 March 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's