Norfolk Island is an external territory of Australia located in the Pacific Ocean and is home to around 1800 people. The island has many historic and cultural precincts and is visited by around 30,000 people annually. Norfolk Island Regional Council (NIRC) provides traditional local government services to its community and visitors, as well as running commercial entities such as Telecom, the power station, the international airport, fire and emergency services and the liquor bond store. Council also operates under a service delivery agreement State and Commonwealth functions such as Registry; with Health, Education and Police services being provided/funded under contract by the Commonwealth Government.
OnTalent is delighted to work in partnership with (NIRC) to source a suitable candidate for the role of Manager Infrastructure Services. This position reports to the General Manager and leads a team of professional, technical, trades and administrative staff providing a diverse range of capital works and maintenance services to the community including:
- Electricity generation and reticulation
- Roads and open space management
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Plant & Equipment
- Ship to shore cargo operations
As a member of the Council’s leadership team, key responsibilities include:
- To lead and foster a high performing culture by creating an environment where innovation and new ideas that improve service delivery can be constructively explored, encouraged and implemented
- Provide strategic analysis and policy advice and to the General Manager as required on a wide range of electricity, roads, parks, public space and other infrastructure needs of the community
- Contribute to the formation of Council’s Corporate Plan, and develop annual operating business and resourcing plans across all services of the Division to achieve Council’s strategic goals
- Foster strong working relationships with government and community stakeholders as well as funding agencies to continue to promote Council, attract grant funding to improve services to the community and foster economic growth
- Manage risks and ensure compliance with numerous statutory requirements within the Division and across Council more broadly
- Monitor operational and financial performance and provide information and advice to stakeholders through well considered reporting
- Implement a professional and thorough approach to identifying and managing safety, operational, business, financial and reputational risks
To be considered, we are seeking a minimum of 10 years experience at a senior level in local government or an aligned organisation where you have managed a large technical and operational workforce responsible for the provision of capital works and maintenance services in roads, open space and parks. Knowledge and experience in asset management, budgeting, financial management, safety, quality, risk and compliance is essential.
You will have well-developed strategic analysis, policy advice and communication skills including the ability to take a broad perspective on matters and deal with ambiguity. Demonstrated high level leadership, organisational and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to prioritise key objectives and manage change effectively.
Tertiary qualifications in engineering would be highly regarded, but other qualifications in business, management, finance or other relevant disciplines are highly desirable. Experience working in regional and remote communities is required.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to enjoy the pleasures of this idyllic lifestyle and an attractive salary package including six weeks annual leave and relocation support is being offered.
Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Melanie Watson, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent, on (07) 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page cover letter and resume (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.