Magnetica is a Queensland-based medical device engineering and technology company specialising in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) sub-systems, specifically superconducting magnets, gradient coils and Radio Frequency (RF) coils.
We have patented technology and products to enable compact MRI systems to deliver dedicated (e.g. musculoskeletal (MSK) or head/neurological) high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care.
In support of ongoing business growth, we are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our Brisbane based team on a permanent basis.
Primary responsibilities and activities of the role include:
- Lead mechanical engineering projects and work packages from concept through to completion – conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and other relevant standards as part of defined projects;
- Champion formal design review meetings, including preparation of presentation material;
- Prepare and review engineering calculations, 3D modelling and stress, thermal and flow analysis;
- Analyse internal research at the early stages of new product development by means of virtual builds and virtual assessments/simulation and assess against technical target attributes (dimensions, tolerances etc), form factor, fit for purpose as well as Design for Manufacture, Assembly, Test and Cost (DFM, DFA, DFT and DFC) requirements;
- Analysis of critical areas around stress, heat transfer, fatigue, creep, safety factor calculations etc;
- Work with our Superconducting Magnet, Gradient Coil and RF Coil domain experts to ensure clarity of requirements and specifications for your subsequent Mechanical Engineering activities; and
- Develop/maintain appropriate documentation and follow processes to ensure the MRI sub-systems you have designed comply with appropriate standards and are fit for use within medical devices.
Your experience to meet the requirements of the role will include:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design or related technology qualifications. RPEQ accreditation advantageous;
- Product development lifecycle experience in Electro-Mechanical or similar products;
- Experience in Product Prototyping;
- Proven track record in the use of ANSYS as well as other Thermal, Stress analysis tools;
- Very competent in 3D CAD modelling/design and the use of Solidworks;
- Experience in statistical base dimensional analysis;
- A demonstrated history of delivering high quality work, on-time, and to specifications; and
- Worked within an ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 accredited organisation;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and completes tasks (a finisher);
- Approachable personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff;
- A team player that can also ensure individual workload is successfully delivered;
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills;
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints; and
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands.
To be considered please Apply with a resume and cover letter (in WORD format). Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner, on Ph: 07 3305 5830.