Vaxxas is a fast growing and scale-up stage biotech company developing a novel vaccine delivery system that safely and cost effectively amplifies vaccine efficacy. It is an advanced platform that vaccinates by applying a patch to the skin for a few seconds directly depositing vaccine amongst dense population of key immune cells.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer for MAP Technology development and scale-up this role will be part of the team responsible for the developing innovative laser processes for a variety of microscale applications.
This is an exceptional role for a hands-on Engineer/ Scientist / Physicist with a strong background in Lasers /Optical Engineering. The Microfabrication/Laser Processing Engineer is responsible for performing research and development of commercial laser systems, especially for micromachining applications.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the
Microfabrication/Laser Processing Engineer will:
- Perform optics and laser-oriented experiments focused on state-of-the-art laser products and subassemblies.
- Participate in the concept and requirements definition, new technology assessments, and evaluation of alternative technical solutions.
- Evaluate laser performance at the component and system levels via both modelling and hands-on experimental methods.
- Develop and execute laser component reliability, process documentation, qualification tests and reports.
- Analyse and present test data; discuss results with technical staff, external partners, and customers
- Work collaboratively with project teams in the preparation of engineering inputs, cost estimates and schedules for proposals.
- Develop quality documentation for the supply of components.
To be successful in this role you will have experience as an Microfabrication/Laser Processing Engineer role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Laser/Optical Engineering, Physics, Engineering, or similar qualification.
- A laser related post graduate degree (MSc/PhD) would be advantageous.
- Prior practical experience with laser applications development, especially micromachining.
- Experience in documenting technical work and results, i.e. writing reports and analysis of data.
- Industrial experience preferred, ideally in the field of lasers or laser systems (Desirable).
- Capability to be a fast learner, strong problem solver, and exceptional communicator. This position will require you to translate ideas into high level design concepts and prototypes.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, task orientated with a solutions focused approach.
- Exceptional communication skills to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external partners with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas.
- Self managing, planning, organising, prioritising and multi-tasking on your own and as part of a cross-functional team.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges and enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.