The convent has been the mother house of the Brisbane congregation since 1863 and the works of the Sisters has flowed from this site for nearly 160 years, positively impacting education, healthcare and welfare. Adderton is a new space for people to explore concepts of justice and mercy through art, ideas and reflection. The convent has been extensively refurbished to create vibrant, multi-use spaces for the public as well as ensuring universal access standards throughout.
A small curatorial, production and public programming team creates and presents an annual calendar of exhibitions, displays, installations and activities that promotes the spirit of mercy through a focus on learning, justice, engagement, hospitality and reflection,
This newly created role of Mission, Formation, Education and Centre Manager will work closely with the Congregation Office General Manager in the provision of strategic leadership and direction for Adderton:house&heart of mercy. In addition to the strategic and operational requirements, the role has a specific focus in the areas of leadership for mission, faith formation, mercy spirituality, social justice and advocacy. The role will enhance Adderton's theological base and promote an understanding of the Gospel, communicate Gospel values and the Charism of mercy in ways that raise awareness of injustice and develop a critical consciousness that promotes a personal and societal response to create justice.
In this role you will provide leadership and initiate collaborative cross sector engagement and strategic partnerships including philanthropic and grant/sponsorship possibilities to advance the overall direction, priorities and initiatives of Adderton:house&heart of mercy. You will provide oversight of exhibition and public program project contracts and manage direct reporting relationships, fostering accountability and teamwork.
To be considered for this fulfilling and unique opportunity, we are seeking candidates with the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or capacity to understand, work within the mission, vision and values and contribute to the culture of the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation staff
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching
- Experience in balancing financial, operational and mission perspectives when executing responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership, financial and human resources management experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and present information with confidence
- The ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and clients, particularly in the education and social justice sectors, in the development and creation of programs, materials and exhibition elements
- Demonstrated integrity, sensitivity to issues of privacy and confidentiality and an ethical approach to decision making
- A conscientious and reliable team player, not daunted by changing schedules, challenging timeframes or sometimes basic tasks
- Masters Degree in Religious Education, Theology or Pastoral Ministry and a minimum of three years practical experience in a leadership role
- A working knowledge of the Catholic Church in Australia, its structure and language
- A commitment to Child Safety and the ability to pass and maintain relevant and legislative probity checks including a positive notice Blue Card
- Ability to work flexibly and after hours and an A-class Queensland Driver’s License
To request a Success Profile or for a confidential discussion, enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner on 07 3305 5817 or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner on 3305 5824.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.